Chapter 27: Talk

"What are you guys doing?"

Madeline and I looked up to see Jamaica staring at us, with a raised eyebrow and hands on her hips like a mom who was about to scold her kids.

"Throwing m&m's at Gaige," said Madeline simply.

We were hiding in the bushes at the front lawn of the Aces Estate, while Gaige was asleep in a lounge about ten feet away from us.

I closed my left eye and tried to shoot an m&m directly at our sleeping friend's open mouth, but missed. Jamaica's eyes went from us to Gaige, then back to us again. Eventually, she knelt down and got some m&m's before throwing one, too.

"Why are we doing this?" she asked.

"We're bored." I sighed.

Madeline shrugged. "And Gaige is an easy target."

Jamaica nodded, as if that made complete sense.

"What's up with you?" asked Madeline distractedly.

"Nothing," replied Jamaica quietly.

It didn't seem like it was nothing. I was about to ask her about it, when a warm pair of hands grabbed my waist and pulled me back.

"Hey, you."

It was Scout.

"Aren't you supposed to be helping me wash my car?" he said.

I scoffed. "When did I ever promise that?"

"Yesterday, when you told me I should wash my car," he replied easily, without missing a beat.

"Hmm." I pretended to think. "Sorry, I don't remember."

"C'mon, I promised you food afterwards." He was already dragging me towards his car that was parked along the driveway of the Aces Estate.

"You just want to see me wet," I accused him.

He laughed at that. "Oh, I think there are other ways to make you wet."

"I'll believe that when I see it."

He stopped and faced me. "Don't test me".

"Maybe I should," I dared.

He stared at me like he was about to give in to the challenge but then he shook his head and nodded to the bucket of soap water.

"You do the hood side, I'll do the back."

"Ooh, sixty-nining already? You haven't even reached second base yet."

He groaned. "Connie."

"Fine, I'll stop." I laughed. "You owe me for this."

"I'll make it up to you," he promised, with a grin.

I rolled my eyes, but then I remembered something. "By the way, congrats on finally being able to play on court last weekend."

A huge smile appeared on his face. "Yeah, but it was only in the last quarter."

"You still got to play."

He nodded, looking really happy. "If I do well, I think Coach might let me play more this season."

"Good," I said sincerely. "You deserve it."

"Thanks, Anderson."

After about half an hour, I was intently scrubbing the car when Scout came up behind me and put his arms around my waist.

The warm tingly feeling was back. This time, it went straight down between my legs. Shit, I was turned on by Scout's half-naked body.

"Thanks for washing my car with me," he said.