Chapter 26: Hollaback Girl

This was really pissing me off.

Scout got elbowed for the nth time tonight by the same douchebag from Pi Lambda Delta. His teammates went to help him stand up and make sure he was okay.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I stood up and yelled, "You better fucking kick his goddamn ass, Crimson!"

His eyes found me in the crowd, and a small smile slowly stretched across his face. He nodded to me and ran down the court with a newly determined look. He didn't waste time when he posterized his opponent.

"Hell yeah! That's my man!"

Madeline smirked at me. "You know you're supposed to root for our team. In case no one told you, we're teamed up with the Lambs."

Lilian giggled, shaking her head in amusement.

"So what?" I shrugged indignantly. "I'm only playing the part."

Madelined snorted at that and brought her eyes back to the game. "Keep telling yourself that, Cons."

"Do you want a customized jersey with the name Crimson on the back?" asked Jamaica, flashing me an innocent smile. "You are playing a part, after all."

I sat back down, keeping my face indifferent as I answered, "Yeah, let me know if you need my measurements."

"Sure thing," she replied, with a knowing smile.

My phone vibrated, making me glance at its screen. There was a text message from Frisco saying that he was here.

"I'll catch you girls later," I told the squad. "A friend of mine from home's here."

"Is he hot?" asked Madeline.

"Ew, Mads." I made a face as I got to my feet. "He's like my baby brother."

"So? I'm asking if he's hot."

"I'll let you meet him later." I rolled my eyes, stepping down the bleachers.

"That doesn't answer my question!" she shouted.

"I don't care!" I yelled back.

Madeline's laughter could be heard as I walked away.

I met Frisco at the Brick. As soon as I saw his curly head, I ran to him and put an arm around his neck. "Frisco!"

He spluttered the soda he was drinking on the table, and I burst out laughing.

"Missed you, too," he chuckled, as he wiped his chin.

I hugged him tight. "Feels like forever!"

"I know," he sighed, returning my hug.

When we pulled away, we sat down and ordered food.

"Did you get that payback?" he asked.

"Yeah, but it didn't stop the rumors." I frowned, suddenly thinking about it. "Actually, I haven't gotten nasty looks in a while. Huh, guess they're too busy with Greek Week," I added, shrugging.

"That's good, then. I was worried."

"Dude, compared to what we went through in high school? This is child's play."

"True, but then the consequences didn't affect you as much as it affected us back then. Here, the risks are different."

I snorted. "Yeah, I don't think anyone here could be worse than that psycho McKinley. Shirley's just a petty sorority girl. I doubt she has the guts to set a building on fire, let alone kidnap someone."