Chapter 24: Bad Girls

"Tell me I'm awesome 'cause I am."

I sat up straighter and gripped my phone closer to my ear. I was hanging out in my room when Frisco finally called with some news.

"You got it?" I demanded, getting straight to the point.

"Yep," he replied from the other end.

"And?" I urged.

"Shirley Walton," he started, "was the name of the user who DMed the photos to that gossip page thing."

"That bitch," I muttered. I fucking knew it.

"You know her?"

"Yeah, I had a feeling it was her. That skank had it in for me for some time now. Just thought she'd do better than this lame ass shit."

"Right, well... I figured you could use some ammo since I'm sure you're gonna come after her so I had my friend hack into her iCloud for good measure, which is the reason why it took this long. And there's some... disturbing shit you could use to your advantage."

I frowned. "What kind of shit?"

"The kind that could still get her an A without studying."

Did he mean bribery or something?

"Send them to me," I told him.

"Already did. Check your email. I sent them all."

"Awesome." I paused, biting my lip. "Thanks for having my back, Frisco."

I didn't know if I deserved his friendship, but I was really glad he was one of my closest friends. I couldn't imagine not having him in my life.

"I'm the best?" he offered.

I snorted, rolling my eyes. "You're the best."

"I'll take it," he laughed. "Let me know if you need anything else."

"I will." I nodded, even though he couldn't see.

As soon as I hung up, I texted the squad to meet up.

After that, I pulled up Scout's name on my contacts. My thumb lingered on his number, hesitating if I should call him and let him know what was going on.

Ah, fuck it.

I pressed the call button and waited. On the third ring, he answered. Hearing some gunshots in the background and maybe some growling zombies, I realized he was playing video games with the guys.

"Hey, what's up?"

"It was Shirley," I stated, not bothering with the greetings. "It was all her."

Scout didn't answer right away. Instead, I heard some shuffling noise before a door closed. And then, there was silence.

"You okay?" he asked, after a moment.

Sighing, I admitted, "No."

"Wanna grab a froyo?"

I smiled. "Thanks, but I can't right now. Gonna meet up with the girls in a few to talk about... yeah." When he didn't speak, I added, "You can pick me up after?"

"Sure, text me when you're done."

"Then..." I bit my lower lip, hesitating. "Maybe I can tell you whatever we come up with – as long as you don't lecture me on what I should or shouldn't do."

I knew he wouldn't approve of what I was about to do, but he knew I needed to do this. I wouldn't let some skinny little bitch walk all over me without a price.