⤿ six

Dan's body was shaken, bringing her back from the precious dream she was having

Dan's body was shaken, bringing her back from the precious dream she was having. Her head ached and her throat burned a little, making her groan at the uncomfortable feeling. She opened her eyes, jumping back when she saw a giant figure looking down at her. Then, her mind brought some memories from last night, she was at the Hargreeves' house and it was Luther who had woken her up. "What are you doing here?" His voice echoed loudly in her head.

"Uhh. . ." her eyes trailed down to the floor, where she saw Klaus sleeping. She remembered him insisting she slept on his bed, with a joint in his lips and many pill packets scattered on the ground. They had gotten high. "Just because you don't want me to be here, Luther, doesn't mean your siblings aren't allowed to invite me over. Both Allison and Klaus agreed on it, okay?" He sighed at the mention of his sister, letting all the tension out of his body, "now tell me why you woke me up."

Luther softly pushed Klaus with his foot, trying to wake him up, failing. "Well, Klaus told me he didn't want to be left out of what we do, so I figured he'd want to tag along with me. Wasn't expecting to see you, though."

She blankly stared at him, too tired to even process what he had said, her mind felt like it was about to explode and her throat felt like a desert. He didn't really seem to notice, though, just imagined she wasn't a morning person or she totally disliked him. Shrugging, he tried to wake his brother again but not even a sound came out of him. Klaus could be dead for all they knew.

"Wake him up, okay? I'll make some tea," it might sound impossible for a man like Luther to look so innocent but she saw it with her own eyes as he exited the room, shrugging his shoulders to fit through the door, taking small steps for some reason. She giggled quietly, some effects of the drugs still affecting her.

"Hey, Klaus," Dan sat on the bed, head throbbing, and reaching for her glasses on the night table. She stood up and became dizzy, tried to sit on the bed but slid down to the floor, taking a few seconds to recover. Once she felt a bit better, her body leaned toward the man on the floor, shaking him awake.

After a few tries, his eyes shot open, scaring her a bit. Groaning, he mumbled "did we fuck?" to which Dan chuckled at, finding it funny it was the first thing that came to his mind.

"No, you idiot, we didn't fuck. Now get your ass up, Luther's waiting downstairs."

The man rolled on the floor, grunting until he was facing down. Dan watched closely as he sighed and began to hit his face against the wooden boards. She immediately stopped him, scared of his way of waking up. A sad smile appeared on her face when he looked up at her with a smirk, trying to forget what he had just done. Neither realized that they had been making eye contact for some seconds now since they both felt familiar with what they were looking at.

It wasn't until he coughed that they snapped into reality, Dan getting to her feet. Klaus rested his head on his hand and followed her with his eyes, "what does Luther want?"