⤿ thirteen

Luther grunted as he stood up, his expression showing the disappointment he felt as he told his brother he had no time for his games

Luther grunted as he stood up, his expression showing the disappointment he felt as he told his brother he had no time for his games. Klaus tried to reassure them he was telling the truth, their father had, indeed, took his own life. Dan stood up to shush the argument, bringing the focus onto her. "If your father did kill himself, then he must have given you an explanation."

Five and Luther nodded as they turned to Klaus for his answer. "He said it was the only way to get us all home again." Be shrugged, unsure if anyone in that room would believe his words.

Again, Luther refused to accept suicide as an option. It was hard to understand his mind, or why he blocked the idea, but Dan thought that maybe he took suicide as a weakness and, to his eyes, Reginald Hargreeves was anything but. Klaus had no idea what to say, pursing his lips in frustration as he watched the blonde sit down again, defeated by Luther's stubbornness.

"Ah, you said it yourself," Five calmly told his brother from his seat, "he was depressed. Holed up in his office and room all day and night."

Luther held his ideals close, probably still blaming sweet Grace for the nonexistent murder. He tells them that there were no signs that he was suicidal and explained certain tendencies and strange behaviors that were not connected with extreme mental health issues. But hearing his own words ( plus Klaus' expressions and sounds ) eventually convinced him to consider it. Klaus reassured him that he wasn't lying, hands going on his heart.

"Master Klaus is correct," Dan's head snapped around to see the smaller figure of Pogo walking into the kitchen. When everyone was now looking at the intelligent animal, he sighed and explained his words. "Regretfully. I helped Master Hargreeves enact his plan. So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for both of us. More difficult than you could ever know," he took some steps forward, and in that time Dan got into a more comfortable position to listen. "Before your father's death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first aid on that fateful night."

Five mumbled about his father under his breath, as his bigger brother asked about the one thing he believed in, that was now about to be crushed down, with the hopes of a murder case existing. "So the security tape we saw?"

"It was meant to further the murder mystery." The chimpanzee received a scoff for an answer. Luther still would not believe it. Klaus sighed, throwing his head down while his hands rested on the table. "Your father hoped that being back here, solving it together would reignite your desire to be a team again." There was silence in which their brains process the information until Five finally asked to what end had he done all that. "To save the world, of course."

As per usual, Klaus broke the serious moment by chuckling absurdly and for the first time, the family and Dan fully agreed with him. This felt like nonsense.