⤿ fourteen

They were all stuffed into the car ( including Luther, who they had to pick up and convince at some random bar; apparently, just saying Allison's name did the trick for him )

They were all stuffed into the car ( including Luther, who they had to pick up and convince at some random bar; apparently, just saying Allison's name did the trick for him ). Luther, Diego, and Dan had been squeezed into the backseats while Five and Klaus comfortably took the front. The teenage boy was driving, unsafely fast, if you asked her. Yet, the ride turned neverending; the sky had darkened and the first stars began to glisten.

Dan begged those stars to have a moment of tranquility. Of course, her wish was not conceived─ they were stupid stars, for fuck's sake! Still, it was worth the try. Anything to extract her mind from the car.

"Hey." Luther's voice awoke the still energy, as well as their interest in anything other than the boring road. The large man leaned closer to Five, tilting his seat as he held onto it. "Can you go any faster?"

Dan rolled her eyes at his plea. The mood inside the car indicated she hadn't been the only one to do so. They had heard the question countless times from the man as if bothering their driver would make the trek any shorter. If anything, it made it feel like an eternity.

Five gripped tighter on the wheel, calmly replying to the half-ape behind his seat. "Ask me again, and I'll burn you with the cigarette lighter."

Luther leaned back, sighing at the treat he was given. Dan unfolded the map over her thighs, nudging the big man to get his attention. She pointed to their estimated location and he nodded, probably telling himself to keep it together for a few more minutes. Five, to be exact.

Five took a harsh turn into a curve and followed the only path until they reached the house. Luther jumped off the car before it had time to stop, making the vehicle jerk as he slammed the door. Five halted the car annoyed, the rest scattered in seconds stretching their legs and backs as they studied the old house. The place was oddly quiet, the only sound was the rusting of the leaves as the wind played with them.

Diego went straight for the door, Dan right on his shadow. He slammed his body twice against the wood, forcing it open. They swarmed inside, calling her name. Allison!

A strange sound caught her ear. Dan snapped her head around and clocked the woman on the floor. Fuck. An aura of blood hugged her body. Her neck had been sliced open, cascading a crimson river. Allison blinked up at her, wordlessly begging for help.

Luther pushed Dan out of the way, reaching for Allison, hugging her limp body. He was sobbing, trying to get more signs that she was alive. Klaus walked up to him and rested an unsure hand over his broad shoulders, his attempt at comforting.

The blonde woman struggled to keep her brain focused. Too much blood. Too many tears. It was all her fault. She'd left Allison alone and this was the result. Dan shook her head, turning her back on the scene. There was no time to regret anything, that would only get them all killed. Allison was not dying. Not on her watch.