⤿ seven

Dan had been in a few shootings throughout her life and was always the one to save every single person who was in danger

Dan had been in a few shootings throughout her life and was always the one to save every single person who was in danger. However, when she saw one of the bravest men she had ever met run away from the two masked intruders, her heart skipped a beat.

These people managed to hit the knives Diego had perfectly thrown with their metal masks and raised their guns immediately after. They needed to find somewhere safe, she would eventually get tired of using her powers, that much adrenaline on her body for such a long time could make her pass out. In other words, be useless and a burden.

They took a turn but Diego went back, crashing one of them against the wall. She hesitated whether or not to help him but he was her friend, she should never leave him behind like that, no matter if he could take care of himself. She ran towards the blue one, her leg kicking the gun out of his grasp, sending it far away from where they stood. He got free from Diego's grasp and grabbed her arm, twisting it and earning a loud yell from her. Luckily, Diego pushed him back against the wall and she was freed.

"Cha-Cha, shoot him," the woman sighed loudly, barely lifting the gun.

"Get out of the way, dumbass!" Dan was about to reach for the gun, the only equal way to fight back, when Diego grabbed her wrist and pulled her down the hall, running faster than they ever had.

The woman kept shooting at them, so she was forced to put her hand between them and stop the bullets from getting to them. The walls on their right disappeared and were replaced by some decorative fence that surrounded the first floor. She recognized the way down, they only had to make it to the other room and the stairs will be there for them to climb down.

However, Diego had another idea. Skip to the floor below by jumping over the fence. A scream almost escaped her lips but he had landed on the couch safely. Dan was not the kind of dumb person who would think that if it turned out good for him, the same will happen to her. So, she quickly ran into the next room, her heart felt like it would come out of her chest. The shooting had seceded but that didn't mean they were safe.

Their footsteps echoed in the stairs, the only safe way was to hide. Where? Since it was darkening outside, the lights missed a few spots, making it perfect for her to at least hit them from the back. Using the shadows as her hideout, she took slow steps into one of the arcs, hand raised, as close to her chest as she could. Both intruders walked past her slowly, guns raised and fingers on the trigger.

Diego moved places, by the sound of it, and they reopened fire, shooting in the same places over and over, making sure that he stayed dead. Dan tried to slow her breathing. He was fine, nothing had happened to him, he can survive anything. She used her powers to confirm he was fine, fighting the growing pain in her head. His heavy breathing gave away that he had indeed survived, but that wasn't the only sound that announced a presence. Due to the sudden, unbearable pain, she hissed and both gunmen turned around in her direction.