⤿ seventeen

Vermillion velvet dressed the steps under their unclean feet

Vermillion velvet dressed the steps under their unclean feet. Whites, reds, and golds welcomed them to the theater. As beautiful as it was, they had no time to stay and watch. The fate of the world lay in their hands. This was it. The final battle. They would take Vanya down.

And if needed, they would kill tonight.

One sole mind was calm enough to realize what they were doing. Her emotions were controlled, acknowledged, embraced. To Allison Hargreeves, this wasn't another mission. It wasn't whatever. This was her sister. Her only sister.

The woman stopped Luther, who lead the team. She shoved her notepad into his chest, an analogy for making her voice be heard. Let me go alone.

Dan looked between the shaken handwriting and Allison. Vanya was her sister, and though she had nearly killed her by slicing her throat, their love was stronger. Allison had forgiven her sister's murderous acts. Surely Vanya could do the same. Or so they would have to hope.

Her brothers attempted to reason with her, warning that Vanya was not the innocent woman they once knew. She had changed. She proved so when she killed Pogo. Allison paid their words no mind, stubbornly turning around and speeding into the theater.

Soothing violin music came from the gates the woman had entered. It was beautiful and eerie at the same time. Dan felt a shiver run across her spine. What if Allison needed help? None of them could get there in time. Out of all the superpowers that existed, neither had superspeed. Her brothers couldn't go in, Vanya would see them and snap again. It was up to her, then.

Dan only made half a step before someone seized her wrist and dragged her back. With that same grip, she was forced to turn around.

Minho's face was red, his breath ragged. The mess has clothes found themselves in signaled he had run to the theater. He tried to explain his presence, bombarding her with too much information too quickly. Different topics mixed, and he seemed to notice, as he began slowing down. ". . . so I'm here to help you guys. I hate those nightmares."

She nodded, not sure to what, but she did. There wasn't time for all of that information to be shoved back into her brain organized. Minho smiled at her, taking a second to catch his breath. Unsure of what to do, she held him steady, patting his back awkwardly.

Meanwhile, Luther and Diego discussed using the famous woman as a distraction. Dan snapped around at their words. This was exactly why Allison wanted to go in first. "I think it's better if we stay on the bench, be her backup. We only step in if needed. And we do what we need to be done to stop Vanya."

They agreed with her, even if they had their doubts or alternative plans. They wouldn't intervene mainly because of Allison's safety. They wouldn't be able to live with themselves if anything happened and it was their fault.