What if she likes someone else?

(Lucy's POV)

"Luce, wake up" I heard Natsu's voice whisper in my ear.

"I'm awake...I think..." I muttered and I heard him laugh as he pressed his lips against my temple.

His laughter caused a smile to bless my features and I opened my eyes to see the pinkette pulling on a grey jumper with the word 'fire' printed on the back.

I sat up and looked at the clock that displayed the time of 5:30am.

"I know it's early but I haven't packed yet" he explained to me brushing a piece of hair out my face.

"Need a hand?" I asked.

"If you're offering"

I pulled together some of the clothes he had around my house and raided my shower to find some of his shampoo and body wash as he looked around for anything else he needed.

"How long will you be gone for?" I asked.

"From a day to a week at most" he explained and my mood dropped dramatically.

"A week is a long time.."

"Hey don't worry about it, I'm sure it won't take that long and don't forget I'll call you everyday I'm gone" he explained holding me close to him.

"I love you Natsu" 

"I love ya too Luce" he said.

"And I also love the little one in there" he added bending down to hug me around my waist, his ear pressed up against my flat stomach.

"You're such a goofball" I said but I honestly I was touched at his show of affection for the unborn baby.

"I'll miss you" he said standing up and cupping both my cheeks in his hands.

"I'll miss you too, I'll miss you so much" I said leaning my forehead against his.

"If we're lucky I could be back by later today or tomorrow so just worry about yourself ok?" He said and I nodded in agreement even though I knew I'd still worry about him.

"I've gone on solo missions before Luce, why are you so worried?"

"One I blame the hormones" I said causing him to laugh. "Two... I trust you and I know you're strong but you're going to be going on S class missions Natsu...what if you get hurt?" I questioned.

"I'll be fine and if I'm not you'll have some pretty funny stories to tell the kid when it's born about how daddy got into a fight with bad people because he was a naughty boy that didn't listen to mommy" He said in a childish voice.

I couldn't help but laugh at his silly act and he smiled at me as I did so.

"Seriously though I will be fine, I've got Laxus with me and I've been doing a lot of training"

"I know... I'm sorry I'm just making this harder then it is"

"That's not true Luce, you're just reminding me even more about why I fell in love with you" He stated and I felt my cheeks burn up.

"You're always thinking about others and you have such a big heart, I'm so lucky" he said.

"I'm the one who's lucky" I replied holding him one last time before watching him leave the apartment.

As I shut the door after waving one last time I was left in an uncomfortable silence.

"I guess it's just you and me now" I said aloud rubbing my stomach with a small smile on my face.