If I Sound Lazy

Aizawa pressed his finger against the board, pointing out various differences between quirks. The lesson was simple, so you hadn't the need to pay much mind. Although, putting your head down for a mere second like you had made the mistake of doing just so happened to result in a bandage like scarf being wrapped around your figure in order to wake you. You didn't mind the scarf, but if looks could kill Aizawa would be responsible for your mere death. No doubt about it.

Luckily, the bell had rung, indicating it were time to feast on the food you had awaited. You gathered your things and stood before feeling a hand slip upon your shoulder, turning you around.

"(Y/N), we're stuck cleaning right now, I'm afraid you'll have to eat without us," Mina notified you.

You scanned her face for nearly a minute, waiting for a smile to crack. But it didn't.

"You're kidding, right?" You raised a brow.

She shook her head as Denki appeared behind her, raising a finger.

"Bakugou thought it'd be funny to pick a fight. Because of him we're stuck here," Denki sent a glare at Bakugou.

The ash-blonde male kicked his feet up on a desk with a smirk, crossing his arms as if he had something to be proud of.

"Fine. I'll see you guys later," You sighed.

The others waved you off as Kirishima gave you a generous smile. As you had entered the room you'd normally eat in with everyone else, few eyes made their way to you.
Unfortunately, you hadn't taken the time to think of who you'd sit by today. Luckily, you weren't left standing as though you were lost for long, for Uraraka waved you over. But tables may have turned, for she patted the seat between both her and Izuku.
You began to move your feet just before you had noticed this and no matter how hard you told your legs to stop moving they wouldn't, for you'd look weird if you stopped randomly.
Then again, something deep down inside you had told you that sitting beside the male weren't the best choice.
Before you could change directions or take a seat elsewhere, you found yourself sitting inbetween the two.
Unbelievable.

"(L/N)! I knew you'd sit by me," The girl chimed happily.

Unfortunately, you failed to catch the hurt look Izuku had given her upon hearing about how you only wished to sit beside her. What about him?

"How have you been lately?" The pink cheeked female asked, realizing the odd aura Izuku began to give off with his numerous shuffles of discomfort.

"Good, I guess," You replied.

"How are things with Kirishima?" She then asked, nudging you with her elbow.

You perked up at this, nearly spitting the water you had taken a swig of.

"Kirishima?" You asked, hoping she'd be more specific this time 'round.

"Yeah, I heard the two of you have been pretty close,"

As the girl spoke, she began to eat from the bowl of rice that now rested in her hands.
Izuku was different, though. He gave his food a stare that made it look as though he were picking a fight with each grain of rice, simply listening in on your conversation.

"Kirishima and I are just friends," You claimed.

Izuku's shoulders relaxed at this statement as he exhaled softly. Uraraka simply nodded in response, noting that you seemed rather uncomfortable. Iida then saved the day, seating himself besides Izuki before he had retrieved his food.

"I apologize for arriving late," He started.

"I'm glad you'll be joining us today, (L/N)," The male gave you a kind smile.

"Thanks, Iida," You nodded as though bowing.

"Izuku, you've been rather quiet," Uraraka pointed out.

The tense boy jumped because of this, nearly choking on his rice before he had replied.

"S-sorry!... I've just got a lot on my mind," He turned back to his food.

You ignored this, shifting uncomfortably. You weren't uncomfortable because of the awkward tension, but more so because you couldn't recall when Izuku had gotten so close. Your shoulders brushed against one another as you scooted over the slightest bit. He caught this, though, so you just gave him a kind smile. The male smiled in return before blushing, quickly turning away. He felt that if he had seen another smile of yours, he'd for sure have a heart attack.

"H-hey," Izuku then stuttered, turning back toward you.

You looked at him, curious as to what he could possibly have to say to you. The boy shuffled, playing with his fingers as his eyes darted to something other than your face, returning every few seconds to catch a glance of your reaction to each action he had made.

"I-I was wondering if you were busy t-tonight? Maybe we can go to the mall t-together..." He started.

By the end of this he had already clasped his hands over his freckled cheeks, rather embarassed over the blush that had overtaken his face.

You couldn't help but find this adorable, but also considered this a hard decision. The male at times made you feel awkward, so you weren't sure how things would turn out. But a small bite to eat wouldn't hurt, right?

After agreeing to leave with Izuki after school, you had found yourself nervously heading back to 1-A. At first you began to feel good about this, glad that you'd finally be able to fix up this awkward tension the two of you had been holding lately. Perhaps some quality time was all you really needed.
Your thoughts distracted you from Uraraka, whom clasped her cheeks as she squealed over Izuku's supposed 'confession', the green boy simply waving his hands in front of him as he refused such words from Uraraka, reassuring everyone that he only wanted to spend time with you as friends. Iida chuckled to himself, enjoying his food as though nothing had happened.