13 Snow

Lola is at Jessica's house. Mrs Stanley seemed happy she was back this week and baked brownies for the girls. It's back to normal. Jessica, Lola and Angela sit in front of the laptop, laughing, eating and chatting.

Lola finishes her brownie when the movie ends: 'What do you think of going to the movies next week? Instead of here?'

Jessica is enthusiastic: 'We can go shopping, eat something and then a movie.'

'Maybe.' Angela says uneasily.

'I think I have something in mind.' Jessica is scrolling on her phone.

Lola looks at Angela: 'What's wrong?'

'Nothing.' Angela assures her. Jessica looks up from her phone but stays quiet. 'When?' She asks.

'Maybe Bella can join us?' Lola suggests.

Angela nods happily. Jessica shrugs: 'I guess.'

Lola goes upstairs after telling her father she went to sleep. The door of her sister's room stands open. She looks in: 'Hey.' She says when she sees her sister reading on her bed.

'Hello, was it a good movie?'

'It was ok.' She sits on the side of the bed: 'Next week we are going to the movies, can you join us?' She sees that her sister will say no: 'Angela looks forward to it, please?'

'Ok.' Bella says: 'I'll be there.' They talk a bit more. Bella stops and stares ahead.

'What are you thinking?'

Bella turns to look at her: 'Do you think he'll be back.'

Lola knows who she means. It's Edward she is talking about. Her first day was the only one he showed up. At least so far. 'I don't know. If he is at school, you'll definitely know at lunch.' And with how he reacted that one time during biology. She is not sure what will happen. Bella fumbles with the ends of her sleeves. 'The Cullens always sit at the same table, each day and that for the past two years. You don't have to worry. It's only Edward who is acting weird.' She tells Bella. 'You'll see. Everything will turn out fine.'

It starts snowing at night, and everything is covered by a small white layer by morning. Bella looks at her sister: 'This is not what I expected when you said fine.' They stand at the door opening and look at the car.

Lola takes the first step outside:' For here, It's normal.'

'I was joking.' Lola knows she wasn't. Bella doesn't like snow, but she makes it to the car, and Lola drives them both to school and parks the car almost as gracefully as usual.

'Are you ok?' Lola asks her.

'I'll be fine. Can you give me the keys? I'll be there in a few minutes.' Bella says and looks in the review mirror: 'I'll lock the car.'

Bella must have seen something, and when she opened the car. She realizes she saw someone. She gets a snowball on her chest. Jessica has a good aim.

Bella exits the car and walks past Lola:' You're on your own.'

So, Bella doesn't walk with Lola to their first class, and Jessica throws a snowball in Lola's direction. Lola throws one back at her best friend but takes a few more hits. They're laughing when they arrive at the building. 'I won.' Jessica tells her best friend.

'You won.' Lola assures her. There isn't anything to win, but she knows Jessica. By telling her that she won something, she'll make her day. They split up for their first class.

Lola stands at her locker with Angela: 'Are you ok with the movie thing?' She knows why Angela was hesitant at first to go with them.

'Bella will be there, right?'

'Yes.' Lola laughs. It was the word shopping that did it.

'You know how Jessica hogs you in the stores.' Angela says: 'And I don't want to be looking alone.'

'I understand, and I'm happy, and this way, you can get to know my sister and become friends?'

Angela nods.

'It's nice that you're getting along.' Lola tells her: 'I was a little scared that it would take a long time for her to make friends.'

Lola takes place next to Jessica. During math, they gossip, and in Spanish, the idea arises to have a snowball fight.

You can see Jessica's enthusiasm when she drags Lola to their lunch table. Bella slowly follows to avoid the snowballs in her sister's direction.

Lola wants to throw one back at Tyler.

'No time.' Jessica tells her and pulls her along.

Lola looks at Tyler and mouths: 'Later.' She'll get him back for that.

Jessica sits down next to Mike; she motions to Lola to sit on his other side. 'Mike, Lo... we had an amazing idea.' She tells him while Lola sits down with her tray of food. 'What about a snowball fight?' Jessica continues.

Mike immediately starts planning the entire thing. He asks everyone at the table if they will join it. Lola laughs with Angela, and then she looks at Bella. Bella does not involve herself in the conversation. She pokes her food with her fork, glancing at the corner table. Edward is back.