2 - Some Friends...

"Why don't you ever say you love mom and dad when we leave?" Daisy turned and looked up at me.

"...Oh, um... did I not?" I said in a monotone voice, staring forwards, "I guess I forgot."

Daisy frowned, "You forget all the time then. Do you not want to tell them you love them?"

I clenched my jaw but kept silent. It's not that I don't love them it's just... they don't seem to love me either. The last time mom said she loved me was like... the seventh or eighth grade, so like, over three years ago, almost four. And with all the attitude she's been giving me since, I have an idea as to why sh stopped saying that. It's basically the same for dad as well, except it's kind of a guy thing between me and him... I hope... Either way, both he and mom are either 'forgetting' to say it like I was, or they just didn't anymore, so I was doing the same for them. Whichever one it ends up being... that's just what it'll be. And I'm fine with that.

Daisy tugged at my arm, making me look down at her. She said quietly and with her ears down, "...Do you not love them?"

I took a slightly deeper breath, "...To be honest, not I'm not one hundred percent sure anymore."

Daisy looked shocked, "What? Why not!"

"Look just..." My sentence trailed off as I looked into my sister's worried eyes. How could I make that face so full of worry and anxiety? She shouldn't be worrying so much for me, but here she is, giving me these big, sad eyes. Her mouth was hanging slightly open in shock, and the bounce in her step had disappeared. How could I say to her that I hate our parents when she's looking at me like that?

I finally said after a few seconds, "...They both just seem to hate me."

Daisy hugged my side as we walked, "Nuh-uh! They love you too, I know they do! They tell me!"

I patted my sister's head, snorting slightly, "Do they? When was the last time they said it?"

The fact that she had to think told me that they probably didn't tell her at all, not just recently either. Her response also told me that - after thinking, she squeezed me a little tighter, saying, "They tell me sometimes."

Sometimes... how often is sometimes? Never? In her dreams? Once a month in her dreams? Yeah, even then, I still don't believe it.

We soon started approaching Daisy's public school, which was right beside my high school. We lived close to the schools, which is why my alarm goes off so 'late' in the morning. School officially starts at like eight-fifty-five-ish for her and nine-ten-ish for me, so... yeah, we just walk and get there on time for her, early for me. We stopped in front of her school building, and I kneeled down to hug her.

"Bye Davie," She said quietly, "Love you."

I patted her back, "Love you too."

"Good!" She giggled, releasing me.

I booped her on the nose, "Don't ever think that I don't love you, you're the best sister I could ever ask for. I mean it."

She smiled the biggest darn smile I've ever seen and giggled again. That smile of hers always cheered me up, and today it did an extra good job at that. She then skipped towards the front doors, stopping and waving at me. I waved back, watching her go in before turning and heading towards my high school.

*sigh*

You might be wondering if such an outgoing, completely calm, and pleasant to be around youth such as myself has many friends. Well. Nope. Just two. And don't feel bad, everyone else is either an asshole, or they ignore me, so I just act the same way towards them all. Of course, not everyone's an ass, and actually, there aren't many donkeys in the school. Haha gottem.