10 - Laser Guns and Roses

A/N: Oof, I've been kinda busy with writing other stuff for other stories in the background, I forgot all about this story. Kinda either got serious writer's block or I've lost some motivation to write this story, or a bit of both. I've written ideas for three or four more chapters, but kinda unsure where to go with this atm... Though, it's been nice to work on this story once in awhile since it's an entirely different universe from my other works, it's quite refreshing coming back to this story. I'm gonna try to post my other works soon, hopefully, cuz I'm really proud of how they've turned out so far! Hope you've enjoyed this as well, and hopefully I finish this story instead of it falling flat...

I looked into the first room, finding it to be a child's bedroom, so I moved on. A kid wouldn't have anything helpful in his room, at the best there might be a fake gun that shoots foam darts or water. Next was the bathroom, then - ah, the master bedroom, it looked like. Here's something... the room over is another bedroom, looks like...

Ugh, what am I doing? Stealing from people when they're not home, that's what. Going through and taking their personal belongings just so I might live for an extra few hours. For my own personal survival, I am taking from innocent people. I have almost no choice. I have to do this. I don't like it, but I have to. At least I can leave an apology note or something... then again I doubt the sickos watching would like that very much. But you knkw what? Fuck the sickoes watching. I feel bad, so I'm apologizing. Oh, and there's a pen and pile of sticky notes right on the nightstand in the master bedroom. Perfect. I walked right over to the notes, and the drone flew over closer to me to see I was writing, "Sorry for stealing, we had no choice."

I put down the pen, glancing at the camera briefly before opening the drawer. Looking through the nightstands and through the other drawers under the bed, I found nothing of use. I found what must have been the husband's shaving and fur trimming razors, but that's about it. I sighed, looking around the room once more, trying to ignore the drone monitoring my every move. A painting of a landscape caught my eye, suspiciously placed on the wall beside the closet. If I remembered how my house was built, they put the closets beside each other in the same wall. And right where that painting was, there could be a space between the closets. Perfect spot for a secret compartment.

I went up to the painting, examining one edge and running my fingers along the other side. I couldn't see or feel any hinges, but that's not to say they couldn't lift the painting off the wall. So I did just that, grabbing both edges, I went to lift up the painting... and it wouldn't budge. It wasn't that big of a painting, why would it be so heavy, or why would they secure it to the wall so tightly?

"David!" Dan called, coming up the stairs, "Found anything?"

"Not yet..." I looked underneath the painting and, ah-ha, a tiny, hidden latch. I flipped the latch, "But there is a latch on this painting."

Turns out, the hinges were on the top of the painting, and so I swung up the painting as Dan walked in with a backpack of stuff over his shoulder.

"Woah, nice find," Dan walked over.

There were two guns and some ammo, as well as some money and a black box of some sort. I'm no gun enthusiast, but they were both pistols, I knew that at least. I think one was a dessert eagle, the other I had no clue. Dan took the desert eagle and small ammo box while I grabbed the other gun and the money, as well as the other black box in the corner. It was like, cartridges for something...

"What the heck is this gun?" I held out the strange gun. It didn't look like any regular pistol I'd ever seen before. I knew enough about pistols to know that you reload a clip by taking it out from the handle, but this one didn't seem to have a button or lever anywhere on the handle, just the trigger. And on the sides of the barrel were these thin, wavy blue stripes. It had no... safety latch on the top above the handle? That's what that is right? Hell I dunno, I was just holding a weird black and blue thing that looked like a gun.