6 - New Faces

A/N: Life has been busy, university is hard, I've had little time to write this past while. I won't stop writing until I run out of ideas, and I've got plenty of ideas as of now, though expect slower updates of future chapters. I try to make time for Wattpad as often as I can, but expect more spaced out times between my activity in general on Wattpad. Have a nice day!

A few moments of me contemplating in silence pass before I felt the floor shift beneath me. I stepped back into the centre of the tube as it slowly began to move up, everyone else in the other tubes did the same. It became dark briefly as the light from that hallway disappeared the farther up I went.

My heart began pounding in my chest. Was this it? Were they going to bring us up into a big room with weapons in the center and a big countdown, then it's a free for all? That literally happened one Game in the past, I had to cover my sister's eyes so she wouldn't see the carnage on the screen. That was the time when our family decided we'd not watch the Game often. I hoped to hell that they weren't watching now, neither of my parents would cover Daisy's eyes. She'd see me die if they were watching.

Soon enough, light filtered down once more, and surprisingly, I was in like, a lounge room. There were sofas, armchairs, and tables with water bottles spread about the room. The tubes opened up, and we were allowed to walk around. What was relieving was that they announced this was some sort of free time... but free time for what?

Of course, the first thing I did was spin around and look for anybody I would know, but... stupid me had walked right into someone. And guess who it was? I have no fucking clue actually, but he seemed quite pissed off.

"Watch it, twerp!"

He shouldered me to the ground. He was a big, buff tiger guy. It looked like he was about to beat the shit out of me as well. However, he only took one step before a dart had landed right in his neck and arm. He staggered and twitched slightly, then crumpled to the floor, slurring curses before falling unconscious.

I looked behind me, where the darts had come from. Up along the ceiling were these people I couldn't make out. They wore all black uniforms and masks, each one had sniper rifles, which explained the dart out of nowhere. They were up near the ceiling, along this metal walkway that went all around the top of the room.

"Shit," I heard someone comment.

Looking in their general direction, I spotted a lynx, and if I wasn't mistaken, she was from my school. Her piercing purple eyes were focused on me, and she hesitantly stepped forward, holding her hand out to me. As soon as she got close, however, her eyes flicked up to the roof.

"Chill out, I'm helping him up!" She shouted.

I looked up, and about five guys had their rifles pointed at her. Figuring I shouldn't wait, I took her hand, "Thanks..."

"It's nothing," She said quickly.

Once I was on my paws again, I got a better look at her. She wore a pretty purple shirt underneath a black leather jacket, as well as dark grey... sweatpants, I think. I know next to nothing about girl's fashion or types of pants so... Anyway, she looked quite fit, and her fur was on the lighter shades of brown, tan and a light chocolate brown.

"So uh..." She smiled awkwardly, glanced beside me at the unconscious tiger, "David, right?"

I nodded, "And you are?"

"Oh gee, thanks," She crossed her arms, "I was in your physics class and you even did group work with me! I sit right next to you!"

"Oh..." I smiled awkwardly, trying to remember her name, "Yeah um... Cassie? Sorry, I've... had a lot on my mind, recently..."