3 - Breakdown

Thankfully my 'friends' and I have different schedules, so the only time we share in common is lunch and then our last class. But with what Mitchel had done... Let's say I was... barely... able to function.

Math class went fine. I ace math class regardless if I show up or not, I just go because my parents would get pissed if I skip any class. But as I did the problems in my head... I also had time to think about what had happened before class. It was like, it had happened, and I just had a super delayed reaction. I was doing my best to stop my hand from shaking while writing up the answers to all the questions on the holo-board. I'm pretty sure some of my classmates noticed, and so did my math teacher.

Everyone definitely noticed in Physics class.

I was walking slowly down the hallway, trying to control my anger and fear. It got to the point that I had to stop in the bathroom to stop myself from shaking so much. The bell had rang, and I arrived late at Physics class. Yet, upon arriving at class, Mr. P., a normally smiling leopard, dropped the stylus he was using to write on the holo-board, staring right at me, shocked. Everyone else in the class was staring as well, a few people gasping. I did my best to ignore the stares, walking over to and sitting at my desk at the back. I glanced around, and still, everyone was just sitting and staring at me as I angrily got out my laptop to type the note I had mostly missed.

"David, are you alright?" Mr. P. asked.

"I-I'm fine!" I barked, making everyone jump.

Everyone continued staring at me, until Mr. P. said, "David, come with me into the hall."

I stood up, my chair falling on it's back. I stomped out into the hall, slamming the door on the way out. Mr. P. opened it after me and... I hadn't realized I was shaking and crying, that's why everyone was staring at me.

I was eventually walked down to a room I didn't care to take note of, where they just sat me down and told me to breathe. I heard them saying they'd call my parents, and I screamed and pleaded them not to. They surprisingly agreed, and just left me in the room, telling me to calm myself down.

I sat on the floor with my arms on my knees, which were pulled up to my chest. I had my head in my arms, taking deep, shaky breaths, for a long time. I didn't bother to notice when the bells went by or if someone was talking to me or around me. I just sat there breathing in and out frantically as my mind panicked.

It really hit me then.

Either way, I was dead now. If I was picked for The Game, I was dead within the first twenty-four hours, and if not, then the next day for sure I'd be dead. If mom and dad find out I got sent to the office again, they'd kick me out of the house, and again I'd be dead because I have nowhere to go, no job, no nothing! Why fucking try to stay calm? My life's worthless now!

The door opened, and both Mitchel and Dan came in, but I wasn't about to take their fucking sympathy. I ignored them and told them to leave. Mitch stopped trying but Dan persisted in trying to talk to me.

"David, please calm down, its okay-"

I finally yelled at him, "YOU GUYS RUINED EVERYTHING! YOU TWO AND MY PARENTS! I'M FUCKING DYING TOMORROW AND NOBODY WILL CARE, NOW GET THE FUCK OUT!"

I wouldn't say anything more to him until he left. The teachers in the room tried asking me what I meant, but I just ignored them too.

After a while, I'm not sure how long, the door opened once again. I didn't bother looking up, just continued trying, and failing, to breathe slowly. Until a tiny voice said my name.

"D-Davie?"

I looked up, seeing my sister Daisy standing a few feet in front of me. She ran over to me and hugged me, and that just made me start crying again. I hugged her back, feeling her squeeze me as she said comforting things to me. But... I knew she'd never understand if I tried to tell her I'd be gone from her life tomorrow. Never to come back. I'd never again see any of her drawings scattered about her room, her smile, her adorable face, and I'd never hear her voice again. Right now was probably my only chance of ever experiencing anything to do with her again.