11 - Do Your Best

A/N: Finally got back motivation to write, though I don't have much time to write these days. Gonna try to be reading on weekends and writing on Monday, but we'll see what happens. Enjoy the chapter!

"...Hold on, wait."

Dan was about to turn right, but he stopped the car, "What is it?"

"Go left."

"Left? But the school is-"

"Just go left," I interrupted.

Dan turned the car left, "Mind telling me why?"

"We're still going to the school, I just want to... stop by my place to get something... and check to see if some player broke in," I lied.

Dan glanced at me, "...Sure."

We drove in silence, Dan turning right onto my street and taking the bend at a steady speed. As we approached my home, my head immediately locked onto it, turning to keep looking at it the closer we got. Dan finally pulled up beside my house, and I sat there for a moment.

"Looks fine to me," Dan stated, glancing around my house, "Seems like they stayed away from the whole street-"

I didn't hear what else he said, as I got out of the car and said, "I need to get something, be right back."

I crossed the road quickly, but as I stepped onto the driveway, the front door opened, and I stopped. In the doorframe... was her.

"D-David?" She looked shocked.

"Primrose," I stiffly replied.

I heard Dan get out of the car, as me and my mother stared at each other quietly. All the anger I felt when she yelled at me and said she disowned me came back to me, but I held it back as best I could, because I thought I saw the hesitation in her expression. Probably my imagination though.

"You're... alright?" She said.

"I'm fan-fucking-tastic," I snapped.

She took a few steps closer to me, "David, about what I said before-"

"Shut up," I growled, "I don't need you to say it again. I only came here to get my things and go."

"David please-"

"Move, Primrose," I said flatly.

"I didn't mean a word of it-"

"Then why the fuck didn't you come after me!" I shouted, "You had ample fucking time to follow me, but you either stood there or went home! Why didn't you follow me!? Why didn't you run up to me and say you didn't mean it!?"

It was probably the back of my mind surging forth for a second to make her look sad, not angry, as she said, "David I... I was just... I-"

Then, since I gave her enough time to look at the drone and what it clearly is, I shouted, "Yeah well now guess what the fuck I'm doing thanks to you!? I'm in the Game!"

She looked shocked, "...Y-You're what!"

I pointed to my drone, "I'm stuck with this piece of shit following me around, broadcasting my every movement internationally so sickos can watch me die! You got what you fucking wanted! You're piece of shit son will be out of you're fucking life in the next twenty-four hours probably! Aren't you fucking happy about that!?"

Either it was this lighting, or she was beginning to cry as she said, "No, David, I'm not happy."

"And why the fuck not?" I threw my arms out from my sides, "Take a good, long look at me! Do you think I'll survive another day? Do you think I'll win against all the other people in the world who've had combat training while I know how to fucking type fast!?"