●4●

Chapter 4:
> I'm perfectly capable, thank you <
______________________________________
When they got to Thomas's room, they quickly hurried out of the vent. Aris was standing there, too shocked to speak whilst Thomas was grabbing a mattress and trying to block the door. The other boys looked extremely confused.

"We gotta go, we gotta go. Now," Thomas was muttering, whilst rushing around to find other items to block the door.

"What?"

"Thomas, what the hell?"

"What's going on?"

The other boys were spitting out questions, looking to each other for answers, looks of confusion mirrored on each face.

Darcy ignored them and started getting a sheet and tying it to the door handles to help.

"Thomas, what's going on?"

"She's still alive," replied Thomas.

"Who's she? Teresa?"

"Ava."

"Ava? Will you just turn around and talk to us?"

"IT'S W.I.C.K.E.D!" shouted Thomas. "It's still W.I.C.K.E.D. It's always been W.I.C.K.E.D."

Darcy ran to the other end of the room, getting more things to barricade the door while everyone went quiet.

"Footsteps," whispered one of the boys.

"Go!" whisper-shouted Thomas.

Aris ran to the bed and slid under in through the vent, followed by Darcy, followed by the rest of the boys, who still followed the orders no matter how confused they were.

They got out of the vents, into a corridor. Darcy edged towards the corner, making sure the coast was clear. It was.

"Come on, let's go," said Thomas.

"You guys go ahead, there's something I gotta do," said Aris.

"What?"

"You guys wanna get out of here, right?"

"I'll go with him," said one of the new boys.

"You sure you trust this kid?" asked another, sending a quick glance at Darcy.

"You don't wanna know where we'd be without him," said Thomas.

Aris and the boy went in one direction while the rest went another, turning a corner and running into a doctor. Thomas yelped as he saw her.

"What are you kids doing out?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Doctor, it's my arm," improvised Darcy. "I didn't know where I was supposed to go, so they were helping me find someone," she said, walking towards her.

"What's wrong with your arm?" asked the doctor, voice still laces with scepticism.

"I'm not sure. It hurts really badly." She sniffled, wiping at her eye, pretending she was crying.

She was directly in front of the doctor and took her chance before the opportunity was gone. She grabbed the woman's arms and pinned them behind her back. Just then, the alarms went off.

Darcy, still pinning the woman's arms, told her to start moving. They moved forwards, soon followed by the boys who were still shocked at what Darcy had managed to do.

They ran a little bit and turned a corner where a guard shouted, "FREEZE!" and began shooting. They quickly withdrew back around the corner. They began to go the other way when one of the boys turned towards the direction of the guard.