●27●

Chapter 27:
>That shank is still here?<
______________________________________
They steered off down another corridor, the sound of Janson's shots disappearing not too long after.

The three of them held out their guns at all the W.I.C.K.E.D workers they passed. Most jumped aside to avoid being hit, screams echoing throughout the large area.

Thomas began shouting Minho's name as they made their way forwards. Unfortunately for them, a guard appeared. Thomas managed to shoot him with an electricity bullet easily before he could do any damage to them.

More guards came as they made their way through the compound. It was almost like a second maze with the amount of twists and surprise corners it held. The guards were appearing from seemingly nowhere. They were shooting in all directions, Darcy having to duck down many times to avoid being shot. The coughing fits that were becoming more frequent were definitely not helping matters.

They had to hide behind a wall as more and more guards kept appearing and there was no way that they could take them all on.

"Shit, I'm almost out," Thomas informed them.

He quickly moved out and fired a few shots. Newt moved towards a fallen guard right in front of them, picking up a small device. He yelled "get back!" as he threw it forwards, it exploding right by the guards, sending a dangerous amount of electricity through their bodies.

They continued running down the corridor, stopping abruptly when a guard suddenly appeared saying "You three! Freeze!" Looking down the barrel of the gun, Darcy thought really? Again?

"Get down on the ground!" He demanded, a certain shake in his voice evident. "I said get down assho--"

But he was cut off before he could finish the profanity, for someone had thrown themselves at him.

That someone threw him through a glass window to the side, a loud roar escaping his mouth.

And that person was Minho.

As he turned to face them, Thomas and Newt quickly rushed forward to engulf him in a hug.

Darcy stayed back, wanting three of the remaining original Gladers to have their space. But as she watched from a distance, a sad smile rested on her face. Out of all of the people that both mazes began with, they were left about nine all together between the mazes.

When Minho noticed her, his already disbelieving expression grew even more confused. "That shank is still here?"

"You really thought you were gonna get rid of me that easily?" She said with a smirk.

"Woah, Darcy, your neck," said Thomas.

Her head turned to face him as she brought her hand up to her neck. "What? What's wrong with it?"

"Shit, this isn't good," muttered Thomas.

"Tommy, tell me what the hell is wrong with my neck or so help me, I'll shoot you with one of my remaining bullets," she spat out angrily as she lifted her gun.

"Your- your veins. They've gotten really dark."

After a second of shock, she quickly rolled up her sleeve, being greeted with dark veins there, too. They were much darker than they were that day when they were looking out at the city and even the most recent time Jorge had changed her arm wrapping.