9~A Quick History Lesson

"Demons originally were a cross between humans and angels," Jimin gestured to the first painting before us.

It showed angels descending to an ancient home on Earth where several women dressed in just skimpy bath towels resided.

"But before angels realized the concept of protected sex, wallah, these offspring between Divine beings and mortals began popping out all over the place."

The next painting showed a woman in bed holding a baby in her arms with the silhouette of an angel hovering above her. Tendrils of both light and shadows wrapped around the baby.

"The very existence of these babies were against laws of, well, basically everything mortal and divine. They could not be killed by mortals and were untouchable by angels because of the mortality within the offspring."

Next painting showed a shattered sword next to a young, beautiful boy with bright mint hair who was also wearing nothing but a skimpy bath towel that just managed to cover most of his junk.

"The offspring gradually grew up, and developed powers. Nothing close to the divinity of angels, but enough to cause a mess."

The young boy from the previous photo was now painted amidst the destruction of a house.

"Soon, there were too many of these offspring, and both humans and angels alike began to grow fearful of these seemingly indestructible hybrids."

The young boy was now a young teenager, a scowl depicted on his face as he stood before cowering children his age.

"Finally, the angels decided it was just too much to keep these hybrids in the world of man. And of course they weren't going to let these kids come into heaven or anything. But neither could they be sent to hell since that is the land of the dead and these kids were obviously not dead."

Jimin's soft voice seemed to only add to the effect of the story as we slowly walked along the wall filled with paintings depicting all the stories that molded into the one big story.

"So the Twelve Archangels, the most powerful angels of them all, decided to come together and unite all their powers to create an entirely different dimension to exile these hybrids to."

Twelve angels stood in a circle, holding hands and almost swallowed up in white, gold, and silver lights.

"That's how Itzborough was created. An entirely different dimension from Earth."

A painting of dozens of small figures being sucked up into a dark hole leading to an entirely different dimension captured this part of the story.

"Itzborough size is unknown. However, we do know Itzborough is divided into 12 main regions. The hybrids, now known commonly as demons if you hadn't figured that out by now, at first were malevolent and bitter upon their sudden separation of Earth. This might explain some of that whole 'bloody, ruthless creatures' you told us about."

The young teenager with the skimpy bath towel was now almost a young man, and one of the many figures with features twisted in pain and fury, looking up at the sky.

"But eventually, demons began to settle Itzborough, rise cities up like how humans had, and begin living life. We slowly began to learn more about ourselves and how to control our powers."

Jimin glanced down at his hand I held my breath as the smallest puff of blue smoke sparked in his palm before quickly vanishing.

The dim light as well as the brief flash of blue to illuminate his face made him almost like a mysterious spirit; before me but out of reach.