16~ Frying Pan or Crow Bar

"Who the blessed heck left my blessed pink apron on the mother-blessed dirty kitchen floor?!"

The shrill roar of fury rang throughout the entire house.

"Jin hyung is home," Hoseok exhaled as shuffled the deck of cards of Uno.

Him, Namjoon, Taehyung and Jungkook (who had recently come back home from school), and I had been playing Uno to pass the time.

"Jimin, I assigned you to babysit Y/N and we leave you two for less than 10 hours and I come back home to find the pillows and my precious apron on the floor, what the blessed heck do you have to say for yourself?" Jin could still be heard half screeching downstairs.

"What are you getting mad about? That pink frilly thing that makes you look like a two-year old girl playing dress up?" Jimin's retort travelled down the hall.

I blinked at his sharp words, quoting my words from earlier.

"Oh, a two-year old playing dress up, huh?" Jin laughed flippantly. "Let's see. A frying pan or a crowbar, Jimin."

"Huh?" I could hear the frown in Jimin's voice even from upstairs.

"A frying pan or a crowbar," Jin repeated himself too calmly. "You pick the weapon I'll use to whoop your non-existent soul to heaven for Judgment Day."

"Do you guys want to play another round?" Hoseok waved the deck of cards in the air.

"Let's stop for now and head downstairs," Taehyung scratched his tummy. "Jin hyung said he was going to make a mid-month snack for everyone tonight."

I perked at the prospect of more food.

"I don't think that's happening anytime soon," Namjoon stated drily as an inhumane shriek resounded below.

"I don't want to sound presumptuous..." I coughed nervously.

"Uh-oh," Namjoon scratched the back of his neck. "That sounds too much like 'no offense' when one really means offense."

I blushed a little. "I just... I don't get how all of you manage to stick together all the time. It always seems like someone is getting mad at someone. When I first arrived, Yoongi was mad at Taehyung and Jungkook..."

"I mean, they did set fire to the West Wing of the house," Hoseok pointed out.

"Then Jimin was mad at Taehyung and Jungkook..."

"We ditched class," Jungkook shrugged. "Jimin was class president for 9 years. Us ditching school is equivalent to burning down the school itself."

"You did set fire to the West Wing of the house," Hoseok repeated with a harder edge to his voice.

"And now Jin yelling at Jimin," I finished.

"You try living with the same seven dorks for over 700 years and then tell me if you got along peacefully the entire time," Taehyung leaned back on his arms.

"It's nothing out of ordinary," Namjoon offered me a sweet smile (dear papacita demons actually had dimples??).

"This group is a bunch of chaotic young men from the start. But we've had a long past together, and would stick out our neck in an instant for each other."

"How is Jimin, Y/N?" Hoseok leaned forward a little.

"Huh?" my brows furrowed a little.

"Since you and him are often alone together, how is he? Does he treat you decently?"

The image of him all but straddling me on the ground, smushed up on the couch flashed through my mind. I had yet to clarify what the heckles Jimin was thinking so suddenly to do such a thing.