Chapter Six

Edited

I was woken up in the middle of the night by the feeling of someone tugging on my hair. I tried to scream but I was silenced by a slap to my face. I turned my head and saw my dad his hand gripped into my hair, an angry expression on his face.

He pulled me out of the room and I had to grip onto his wrist to stop him from tearing out my hair. I stole one last glance at Taehyung and saw his sleeping form on the bed.

I almost sighed in relief but felt the grip on my hair tighten and gritted my teeth. He threw me into his room and slammed his door shut, then sent a kick to my stomach.

My dad paced the room, breathing heavily and slapped me in the face. "Where were you?" He asked forcing me to look at him.

Fear was evident in my eyes as I looked at him. "I-I was h-here with T-Taehyung," I stuttered and he slapped me again.

"You're lying. Where. Were. You?!" He shouted pulling at my hair. Tears cascaded down my face and he slapped me again. "Stop, crying!"

"W-we were at a f-friend's house," I told him, a sob escaping my throat.

My dad glared at me as I whimpered on the floor. "Take off your shirt," I hesitated and looked at him with wide eyes. "I said, take off your shirt!"

I slipped the shirt over my head and folded my arms around me. He roughly turned me around and tears came to my eyes, as a thought came to my mind. I closed my eyes and started sending silent prayers to whoever would hear them.

God... if you do exist, please help me right now.

Tears streamed down my face and a hit was sent to my back. I screamed and asked him to stop as more hits came to my back. The blows just kept coming and coming, until my body couldn't take anymore. I felt myself start to blackout and the only thing that went through my mind was, Taehyung.

💔

Taehyung's POV

I heard my brother's screams and cries from the other room, making me jolt awake. Tears pricked the corners of my eyes and I took Jin's phone off the counter and hid in his closet. I furiously wiped away at my tears and immediately called Jaehwan.

I knew it was 4 in the morning and he probably wouldn't answer but I tried anyway and hoped for the best. "Please, pick up. Please, pick up. Please, pick up." I heard the phone get answered and I almost cried tears of relief.

"Hello," Jaehwan's sleepy voice said on the other side. I opened my mouth and only a sob came out. "Jin? Are you, okay? Did something happen?"

"Jaehwan hyung, it's me. My dad's beating Jin hyung again and it sounds really bad, and now I don't know what to do." I explained and another loud sob escaped my throat. "Hyung... I'm really scared. What if something bad happens?"

I heard shuffling on the line, "Don't worry, sweetie. Nothings going to happen to Jin, okay. I promise. I'm coming over now. Where are you?"

"I'm in the closet," I said hearing another cry from the other room. "Hyung, please come soon."

I heard the sound of a door closing and then an engine starting through the phone, the sounds calming me down. "Tae? Tae, listen to me. Calm down and I'm gonna keep talking to you." Jaehwan rambled on at the end of the line and I would occasionally answer him.