Chapter Eight

Namjoon parked in front of my house and I undid my seatbelt, only for him to stop my shaking hand. "Are you gonna be, okay?" He asked worriedly.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'll be fine." I kissed his cheek. "Thanks, Joon. For everything," I stepped out of the car.

Namjoon smiled at me. "No, problem Jin. Do you want me to wait for you."

"No, you can go. I'll see you tomorrow."

He started the engine and looked at me one more time, "Okay. Bye," I waved as he drove away and turned back to the house. I released a shaky breath and walked to the front door, then I opened it and stepped into the lounge. 

I looked around downstairs and didn't see any sight of my brother or my dad. "Tae?" I said out loud and started walking up the stairs. I kept calling his name as I opened every door in the house until I got to my bedroom. "Tae?" I called out again, walking inside.

I walked around my room and I heard a small voice sound from somewhere behind me. "H-Hyung?" I turned around and Taehyung walked out my closet, bruises covering his face and arms.

"Tae," I whispered my voice cracking at the end. I pulled him into a gentle hug and stroked his hair down. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, I wasn't here to protect you."

He gripped tightly onto my shirt and buried his head in my chest. "I w-was so sc-scared, h-Hyung. I k-kept cr-crying and he d-didn't want to l-let me go. He almo-most ra-raped me, Hyung and I d-didn't kn-know what t-to do." I kept listening as he stuttered on and then I finally cut him off.

"We're leaving."

"W-What?" Taehyung asked lifting his head from my chest.

"We are leaving. Pack a bag and put in as many clothes as you can. We're gonna stay at a friends house for a while. Okay?" He nodded. "Now go, I'll meet you downstairs."

I took a duffle bag from my cupboard and started stuffing in most of my things and zipped it up. I slung it over my shoulder, along with my school bag and walked down the stairs. Tae was waiting for me at the bottom of the staircase. We held hands and I turned the handle, only for our dad to barge into the house.

We backed away as he glared at us, noticing the bags we were carrying. I quickly hid Taehyung behind me, fear evident in my eyes as he shook close to my back. "Where do you think you're going?" My dad slurred coming towards us.

"W-We're leaving," I stuttered.

"What did you say?" He asked angrily stepping closer.

I took a deep breath. "I said, we're leaving." I tried to return his glare but soon failed as he tried to reach for Taehyung. "Don't touch him!" I swatted away his hand angrily.

My dad scowled. "I'll touch him as much as I want, I wasn't done with him yet." I was disgusted by his words and backed away from him. "Give me the kid."

"No," I stated firmly.

He didn't seem too pleased with my reply. "Give me the kid!"

"No!"

"Fine, I'll take you instead." He huffed, grabbing onto my hair and pulling me away from Taehyung.

I heard Taehyung scream at him to let me go and saw him try to pry my father's hands away from me. But that only resulted in him getting a punch to the face and crashing to the floor. "Shut up, runt!" My dad shouted at Tae's fallen body.

He dragged me up the stairs and threw me onto his bed as soon as we reached his room. He pinned my arms above my head and I thrashed underneath him, my nails digging into his knuckles. "Let me go!" I shouted as he started unbuttoning my shirt.