Chapter Twenty-One

Be prepared... It's fucking long 😂😂

Jin trudged his way out of the school building, not worrying about the fact that he couldn't find his bag or Namjoon and Taehyung. The blonde walked down the street without a purpose, a sense of sadness consuming his whole body.

The sounds of cars zooming down the road, drowned out of his mind and all his surroundings blurred out of his vision. Seokjin walked until his legs hurt and his stomach rumbled with hunger but he ignored the pain, not caring that he hadn't eaten since the morning.

Jin bumped into people a few times and didn't even bother to apologise, since his mind was buzzing with thoughts.

Jin suddenly stopped walking and looked up, realising that he was standing in front of the cemetery. The blonde slowly walked in and stopped in front of a familiar grave.

1969-2014
Kim Seolhyun
She was a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
The world might have lost a friend but heaven gained an angel.

The blonde traced his lean fingers over the writing on the tomb stone and realised that there was a small bouquet of flowers next to it.

Aunt Somin must have stopped by, Jin thought sadly. He hasn't seen his aunt since his mother passed away because his father decided to cut off any contact from their immediate and extended family. The thought of that made Jin sigh and a tear silently fell down his cheek.

Jin pulled his knees towards his chest and sat like that for a while, until he finally managed to say something. "Hello, Eomma...I know I haven't visited you for a while and I'm really sorry. Actually," the tears started welling up in his eyes again. "I'm sorry for a lot of things. I couldn't take care of Taehyung, I'm causing all my friends problems and I'm always relying too much on people.

"Oh, and I have a boyfriend as well, Eomma. His name is Namjoon-ah and...I really love him but sometimes it feels like I'm using him because he makes me happy...but I don't think I make him happy. Sometimes, I think I should break up with him but then..." A lump formed in Jin's throat as he continued to speak. "Then I realise how much I love him and it scares me. It scares me, Eomma. I just wish you were here, maybe then I wouldn't have so many problems because you'd be here to help me.

"I miss you, Eomma...soo much. And I love you even more. I just wish I wasn't such a burden to everyone." Jin concluded whispering the last part.

💔

Taehyung exited the school and waited by the big brown doors for any sign of his older brother. And he waited. And waited. And waited.

And waited....

There was still no sign of Jin and then Taehyung decided to make his way to Namjoon's car, thinking that maybe the blonde was already there.

The brunette finally made it to the car and slid into the backseat, Namjoon raising an eyebrow at the younger boy. "Where's Jin?" He asked worriedly.

Taehyung replied with a shrug and clipped on his seatbelt. Namjoon took out his phone and started dialling his boyfriend's number, only for him to be sent straight to voicemail. He tried again, only for his call to not go through again.

The number you have dialed is not available, plea-

Namjoon cut off the voice with an irritated groan and Taehyung looked at him through the rearview mirror. "Hyung? Are you okay?"