Chapter-2

Dr.Rubab!!. Come here fast there's an emergency you need to operate the patient fast!!. 

Coming!!. Dr Syra!!. Get the things ready fast as possible.

Running towards the operation ward I quickly put on my gloves and the mask.

Nurse pass me the X-Ray that u just took.

Here you go Dr.

I looked at the X-Ray and examined it carefully. Okay Done.

Nurse I need all the equipments ready. Okay!. Fast.

Give anastasia to the patient so that he can get unconscious.

Yes Dr.

After an long hour of surgery I came out of the ward. Some of the patients family members came running towards me.

Hows my son now Dr?. Is he okay?.

Yes!!. He's fine and is out of danger just pray that he recovers fast.

Walking towards my room I took out a water bottle from my purse and drank it.

Come in!.

Dr Rubab?.

Yes?.

How was the surgery Rubab?.

It was successfull Syra.

You don't seem okay?. Everything okay Rubab?.

I'm fine Syra it's just my head's pain. Nothing much to worry about.

Why don't u take an off today. You can get some rest too.

Naah it's okay Syra I'll manage it. I still have some patients to look after.

Hmm..

You free?.

Mee?. Naah I just took a break for some time soo I can get refreshed.

How's aunty Rubab?. Is she fine?.

Yup Alhumdullilah she's fine.

You tell how's everything at home?.

Everything is set Alhumdullilah.

Let's get back to work Syra before we have to spend our late nights in the hospital.

Exactly let's get back to work.

See yaa.

Later Syra.

Just sign here so we can start the operation as soon as possible.

Will my daughter be okay after the operation?. She wont have any problem after the surgery is done right?.

She'll be fine Inshallah!!. Just have faith in God. Sign these so we can perform the surgery. Other wise it will be way too late.

Walking towards the operation ward. I quickly made way towards the patient who was looking here and there in fear.

Hey!. Everything will be fine dear. All you have to do is be strong and don't be scared. Okay!.

After the anastasia was given to the patient. We started the surgery.

After hours of doing the surgery. I removed my gloves and mask.

Nurse shift the patient in the ward and make sure she doesn't move's much or otherwise it will pain if she moves alot.

Walking out I saw her mother weeping.

Aunty your daughter is out of danger. We'll need her to be in the hospital for 2 to 3 days then u can take her back home. She needs a complete bedrest for 2 weeks. Make sure she doesn't move's around much or otherwise her spinal cord will cause more pain to her.

We'll make sure of it.

Two surgeries in a day today. Resting my head on the head rest. Today was such a long day. Doing surgeries and looking at the patients parents made me want cry. But we as Dr's have to stay strong.

Going for a round would do me no harm After all even I want to be refreshed.

There was a park near the hospital. Once I entered I looked around there lots of children playing around.

I started walking it made me soo fresh . I haven't been to the park since I joined the hospital. I hardly had time for myself.

Seeing the kids play around made me feel soo lively and happy.

After completing all the work I arranged everything on the desk and grabbed my purse.

Once walking out of my room I made my way out.

Once getting out I walked towards the taxi stand to get the taxi.

Here's the fare!.

Thank u Maam.

It was almost 11:00 PM when I reached home. Mama must be sleeping and Umair Rabail must also be sleeping.

Making my way towards the door. I opened the purse to take out the key. Once unlocking the door I went.

Rubab you back home?.

Haan?. Yeah I'm back. Why are u awake Umair?.

Just like that I wasn't feeling sleepy. You go get freshed up I'll bring the dinner.

Hmm fine Umair.

Once getting freshed up I made my way downstairs.

Rubab apnay room mein khao gi yaa kitchen mein?.

Mein living room mein khaa loon gi.

Yeh lo khaana khaalo or time pr so jaana.

How was your day today?. By looking at you I think you had a long day isn't it?.

Yeah aaj two surgeries ki hain. Issi wajah say aaj bohat thak gayi hoon.
Raat mein bhi neend nai poori hoti.
Issi wajah say shayad.

You should have complete rest Rubab other wise you'll get sick.

Watch some TV if you want Rubab.

Sure.

I'll get going now. Good Night Rubab.

Good night Umair.

After eating dinner I flicked open the the TV to watch some dramas. Suddenly a storm hit it's way I quickly closed the window and sat back watching TV.

Its gonna be a long stormy night today. I guess.