My Mask

"Maybe.. Maybe I don't have a thing that I'm good at"

.

TW: Suicide (planned, but didn't go as planned)

Today was going to be a good day.

Lance felt so giddy. In fact, he's never felt giddier! It'll all end today.. today. It'll end today. But he kept it all in.

He walked out the doors of his room, a fake grin on his face. He resisted the urge to just skip to breakfast, and instead held his posture, chin held high, and the fakest smile ever presented. His "team" didn't deserve to see him happy. After all, they were the cause of today.

The other paladins of voltron felt so.. confused.

For the last two weeks, Lance had been so.. so different. He hardly spoke, but only when he was being spoken to, he didn't crack jokes, he didn't flirt with Allura, or any other alien girl for that matter, and he wasn't being the blue paladin that they all had grown used to.

Lance didn't speak because they'd all tell him to shut up. He didn't crack jokes not only because they weren't funny, but because they weren't appreciated, and were unnecessary. He didn't flirt anymore because his team hated it, along with him.

It wasn't hard at all to be the paladin that they all wanted, because all Lance had to do was make a new mask! He trained extra hard because these were his last days alive, after all. Why put it to waste?

It was strange to see their blue paladin smiling.. for the past 2 weeks he's done nothing but train, eat, or speak when spoken to. There wasn't a shine in his eyes, there wasn't shine to anything, actually! There was no smile, no charming smirks, and no emotion.

"Uh.. Lance? Are you okay?" Shiro asked Lance, eyeing him skeptically.

Lance beamed a fake smile (though Shiro was oblivious to how fake it truly was), "Yes, sir!" He all but chirped. Now that was real.

He was so excited, and he had it all planned out! Today, the paladins, save for him, are all going to the mall! Without him because they all hated him and had to think of an excuse as to why he couldn't go.

Of course he created a new mask so that he could show them that he wasn't sad, but instead was "blessed"!

Now, nothing could go wrong for Lance.

Right?

The Paladins were already at the mall, and Lance scurried around the castle, ecstatic. Coran was cleaning the kitchen, and Allura was napping or something. He left his jacket in the main room, not like it mattered though! And if Coran or Allura saw his bandages, they wouldn't know what they meant. He felt bad for taking advantage of their clueless minds, but you do what'cha gotta do!

He grabbed the biggest knife he could. After all, the bigger the knife, the faster he'll die!

Lance paused.

Yes, it was messed up how he was practically dying to.. well die! But he just wants to end his pain, despite the fact that the cost of ending his own pain would be spreading his pain to his friends.

He hoped they could endure it. He probably should've made sure they would be okay with it.

Oh well, too late now!

He was running towards his room, not bothering to hold the knife safely. He turned the corner, and almost stabbed Keith.

"K-Keith?" Lance stuttered, the first time he's spoken to someone rather than someone speaking to him.