Your Pain (Pt. 2)

"You don't deserve to face the reality that I see"

.

Lance felt shocked that his team just barged it. He was horrified, petrified, terrified, you name it.

Hunk frowned deeply, eyes watering. "This.. has to be a joke right?" He said sadly, "Right? You wouldn't... you wouldn't hide something like this from me.."

Lance stayed there, frozen. He felt so exposed, and a millions thoughts were running through his head.

Good job Lance! You've screwed up again.

Not only did you screw up, but they saw the reality you didn't want them to see. Only you, Lance can screw up his badly.

Now they hate you even more. Maybe tonight you should just end it al-

"Lance!!" Shiro yelled at the boy, "Lance calm down! You're hyperventilating!" He said, shaking the boy slightly.

Lance only muttered, "Y-You guys weren't supposed to find out.."

Shiro clenched his fists as Lance continued to speak.

"Y-You weren't supposed to find out.. it was supposed to be a secret til the day I hang myself, or die!"

Everyone flinched or gasped when he mentioned his way of ending it all.

"He's tired.." Pidge whispered, "of Shiro and Allura picking on him.. tired of Keith provoking him, calling him names just like the rest of us, tired of his best friend ignoring him, tired of me just calling him stupid, useless, and-" she fell to her knees clutching the blue boy close, "Lance, I'm sorry!"

Lance's eyes widened, "Pidge.." he said sadly, "It's okay Pidge. It's okay. I can take it all." He said, "I can be your guys' punching bag."

"No, Lance." Keith's voice rang out for the first time in the room, "Y-You don't deserve this." He felt his throat tighten up, "You don't deserve to hurt this badly because.."

Lance grabbed Keith by the arm, and pulled him close to hug him, "You guys were my space family."

This only made everyone cry harder, "And I love you guys very much. And I'd do anything to take away any pain, any troubles, anything from you guys." He said, smiling slightly, "Even if it includes me."

"You aren't-"

"I mean, look at me. I'm your 'sharp shooter'." Lance made quotation marks, "And thats about it. I don't deserve to be in your guys' space family, and I'm okay wit-"

Shiro growled, "No, Lance. I refuse to let you speak about yourself that way, because that's how you should be speaking of us. You don't deserve any of this, anything wrong we've done. I'm.. I'm sorry too Lance."

After everyone gave their own separate apologies, Coran took Lance to the healing pod.

While Lance was in the pod, Coran looked absolutely horrified. It showed just how many cuts were on his arms, and he didn't want to look at the total. Already it was outlined in red on the body on the screen.

"Oh my boy.." Coran whispered sadly as everyone crowded around to see.

The cuts went up to his shoulder where he awkwardly crammed more cuts in there, and some on his thighs and ankles.

Guilt absolutely flooded everyone's system like a train and they all didn't know what to do. It was then they realized they pushed him one too many times, and he was falling off a cliff of his own insecurities and sadness, and was ready to submit himself to his depression.

It's been many hours, and no one left the room, except for Hunk who went to bring food for everyone. It would make sense that it took a long time for Lance to come out just because of the quantity of the cuts.

A few hours and a tick later, Lance fell out, and was about to plummet into the floor, but Keith caught him. Keith held him close, burying his face into his neck, "I haven't said sorry yet."

It was true, Keith hadn't recovered from shock so he didn't say sorry. Well, he meant to but he just couldn't wrap his head around the fact that his crus- Lance, the happy one, is sadder than them all combined.

Lance smiled softly and hugged Keith back, "Its alright, Keith." He whispered into the red paladin's ear.

Keith pulled away with a slight blush as the others crowded around the blue boy, worrying.

Worrying after the damage was done.

It's been a few days since the incident, but Lance hasn't given up his... habits. It just decreased by a ton.

His team treated him better, and they all earned the title Space Family once again, Lance removing the label a few days before the incident. He found Keith more... alluring to him, and found he had a crush on Keith.

It turns out that Keith also felt the same, and they were now dating. It made Lance feel more loved, and he didn't want to die as much anymore.

His pain had finally gone away.

I'm down to make another ending where Lance ends up dying-