4 Months

"It's a double edged sword. If you jump, you're taking my life too."

.

TW: Suicide attempt

The Paladins were on a mission to save a planet from an attacking Galra fleet. They defeated the fleet quickly seeing as it wasn't as big compared to the ones on the Balmera, etc.

The planet was so gorgeous. It reminded Lance of Earth. The grass, the water, the flowers. It was lovely. He told the paladins that he was going to go on a walk, and they all nodded him off. He sighed heavily, feeling shunned once again.

Lance was diagnosed with depression and has had it for awhile now, and the only person who knew about it was Coran. He told almost everything about Coran, except for the date he had with death, which was soon.

It didn't help that the Paladins have recently started to be resentful to Lance, which gave him her another reason to end it all.

The blue boy wandered onto a cliff, and the view was gorgeous. Now, this would be the best and most perfect place for someone like him to go, and he even had his note on him in case he desperately needed to go, or if he was killed in battle.

It was almost tempting to just jump off, and he was seriously considering it.

Lance ended up deciding that he would do it, but just  when he was about to jump, a voice stopped him.

"Sir, please don't jump." A child-like voice interrupted Lance.

Lance immediately froze and turned around, "A-Ah.." he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, "Didn't see ya there." He said with a large smile.

"You're the blue paladin."

"Yeah.."

"Why do you want to die?"

The silence was suffocating and Lance finally said, "Because I don't love myself.." he said, "I don't want to live anymore, and I'm just so damn tired." He clenched his fists.

"Tired of what?"

Lance grabbed a rock and threw it as hard as he could off the cliff, "Tired of getting picked on! Tired of holding the team back! Tired of suffering for nothing! Tired of being reminded that no one could ever love anyone like me! I'm tired of my team," he made quotation marks, "shunning me, and calling me useless, calling me weak.." he trailed off and realized that he was crying.

"I just want to end it all."

The child stepped forward and grabbed Lance's hand, "Sir, don't do it." He said, "It isn't worth it."

"What's gonna stop me?"

Another silence.

Lance patted the boy's head, "You should go." He said, ushering him along.

The boy refused to move, "No!!" He screamed at Lance, his teeth morphing into fangs, nails growing into claws. "I won't let you die, sir!"

Lance rubbed his tears away, "Why not?! You barely know me."

"I know you're the blue paladin.."

"Everyone knows that."

"I know that someone loves you.."

"Only my mother."

"I know that you aren't a lost cause.."

"Said no one ever."

"I know that it isn't worth it, and that you aren't a screw up.."

Lance has never heard those words before and his heart clenched.