My Dear Soulmate

"I'm sorry it had to be this way."

.

TW: Suicide, self harm

It wasn't a secret that Keith and Lance were soulmates. It was painfully obvious from the way their eyes would meet and immediately soften, or how when they would be calm and relaxed near each other, or how when they made physical contact they would jolt a bit.

Now, if your soulmate ever died, or got into a really bad accident like breaking a bone or something, your other half would sense something was wrong, and the signs would vary from how severe the accident was. If it were things like cuts or bruises, or punches and kicks, the other half would feel little jolts on their body where their soulmate was getting hurt.

For Keith, he had been feeling sharp jolts on his wrists from his soulmate, Lance, even when he joined Voltron. He felt little shocks occasionally from where Lance would get hurt during battle, but almost every day he would feel them on his wrists and even on his thighs. It was clear that Lance was hurting himself, but he couldn't find it in him to actually do something about it. Plus, how far would Lance go?

"Oh come on Lance!" Hunk groaned when Lance bumped into him on accident, ruining Hunk's careful concentration on the pastry he was making.

Lance winced slightly, "Gee, I'm sorry bud." He said sincerely, but Hunk wasn't paying attention and was muttering bitterly to himself.

His shoulders slumped sadly, before he turned and walked to the other side to look at what Pidge was doing. Before he could even say anything, though, she had already shoved him away.

'Come on Lance, find some happiness, at least!' Lance pleaded to himself desperately before going to talk to Coran.

"Hey Coran, what's up?" He said cheerfully, praying that he would find something that would raise his spirits.

'Please, say something.. I don't want to feel like this anymore.' Lance felt his heart break in two as he realized his words fell on deaf ears, and he turned to run to his room.

He ran into Keith on the way, and he hoped that his soulmate would help him, despite Keith hating him.

"Lance, we might be soulmates, but that doesn't mean I like you." Keith snapped at him, crossing his arms and furrowing his brows.

A noise of laughter behind them made Lance spin around to see who it was, and he saw Pidge chuckling, "Ouch.." she smirked before walking past them into her own room.

Lance turned back to Keith before saying, "I didn't mean to run into you, so cool your jets." He seethed, pretending to be a tough guy.

Keith sighed in his mind, 'Of course he's going to be fine. What am I thinking? The Lance McClain hurting himself?' He thought to himself, 'Must he imagining things.'

Lance pushed past Keith before walking into his rooms, and as soon as the doors closed, Lance fell to his knees, fists pushed into the floor below him, and tears falling silently down his face, breaking down into silent yet highly sorrowful sobs. He needed something to just tell him it would be okay.

Please. He was so close to dying.. he didn't want it to end this way, but he can't fight it. He tried to pretend he had no depression, and tried to pretend that it was all okay. He tried to pretend it was all normal, but it really wasn't. He wasn't okay, and it wasn't really normal that your soulmate didn't give two flying rat asses that you're feeling bad about yourself, even turning to harming one's self.