Hanahaki

"Bottle it up til the bottle breaks."

.

NOTE: THIS ONE SHOT IS LESS ANGSTY AND MORE KLANCEY

Lance had Hanahaki for 3 weeks now. Not only did it suck coughing flowers up, but it sucked twice as much because he doesn't know who he had fallen in love with.

He groaned loudly in his room and kicked the wall like a child, "This is so stupid!" He shouted and pouted some more.

"What is?"

Lance jumped, "H-Hi there Hunk!" He waved slightly, before running behind the yellow Paladin and shutting the door.

"Hi, bud. What's wrong?"

Lance chuckled nervously, "There's a secret I've been keeping for three weeks.."

Hunk rose a brow, "Well, what is it?" He asked when Lance didn't say anything.

"Please don't tell anyone."

"Promise."

"I have Hanahaki."

There was a long pause, "You what?!"

"I have the Hanahaki disease.. and I don't even know who I fell in love with!" He wailed, crying out in sadness.

Hunk went quiet, "When do you cough out petals?"

"Whenever Keith makes fun-"

Lance's mouth formed an 'o'. Hunk visibly winced, "You're gay?"

"Bi."

"Ah."

Lance suddenly sighed, "Well, I guess I have to die now."

"W-What?!" Hunk asked, and tears sprung into his eyes. His best friend was just gonna throw his life out the window?!

Lance shrugged, "I must like him a lot to not even notice, and just be content with where we're at." He crossed his arms, "Hey, I'll get the surgery if I don't want to do this."

"B-But Lance-"

Lance placed a hand on Hunk's shoulder, "It'll be okay buddy." He gave him a smile, "It'll be okay."

"Promise?"

"..." Lance averted his gaze, which made Hunk want to cry, "Lance.."

Lance strutted into breakfast like the queen he was, "What's up guys?" He said happily, "What're we talking about?"

"None of your business." Pidge muttered, Keith nodding in agreement.

Hunk watched Lance's breath hitch slightly, "Oh.. my bad." Lance made eye contact with the yellow paladin, "Oh, hey Hunk-"

"Lance, he doesn't want to talk to you. Didn't we already tell you?" Keith snapped, crossing his arms as his brows furrowed angrily.

Hunk felt tears spring into his eyes as Lance coughed slightly, "Al..right."

Lance's beautiful blue eyes made eye contact with Hunk's brown eyes, and he gave him a thumbs up with a large smile.

"Lance.. what are you doing?" Shiro questioned Lance's silent antics.

Lance shrugged, "Nothing that matters to you." He said, which apparently seemed rude to everyone except for Hunk.

"Why are you talking to Shiro like that?" Pidge asked, a baffled expression on her face.

Lance sighed heavily, "Sorry, I meant," he plastered the fakest smile that didn't match Lance's regular personality, "Nothing important!" He turned to leave, "I'll leave before my rudeness ruins your day."