A Nightmare

A/N The video has nothing to do with this oneshot, I just found it interesting. If you read the first one shot, you will defiantly recognize the first and last scenes in the oneshot, as they appear in the video. No song this time, but THANKS SO MUCH for reading. Hope you enjoy. If it's awful I apologize. This is one of my first oneshots, in fact it's a slightly revised edition for the first one that I ever wrote, it's just that this is the second one that I've published. Once again, I hope that you'll like it.

                                                                             ARTEMIS' POV

  I bolted upright with a scream as I woke up from a nightmare. My mom wheeled in a minute later. "Artemis, are you ok?" She asked me worriedly.

I was panting. "Yeah," I lied. My mom didn't buy it for a second.

"Move to the foot of the bed," She demanded. "Now." I did what I was told without hesitation. 

She wheeled over to my bed and pulled herself onto it. She moved to the side next to the wall and patted the empty space next to her. "Mooomm," I groaned. So what if it was kinda nice to be treated like a little kid? So what if she used to do this with Jade and me all the time, whenever she was home and Dad wasn't? Before she got arrested, of course. 

She smiled at me and laughed. "Get your butt over here," She said. I crawled over and laid down next to her, pulling the fuzzy purple blanket up with me. She wrapped her arms around me comfortingly. 

"I'm sorry that I woke you up," I told her.

"It's alright," Mom said. "I don't mind. Do you want to talk about it? The nightmare, I mean."

'Not really,' I thought. 'But I should," I nodded. "Ok," I said quietly. 

"What was it about?" Mom asked gently.

"Dad," I whispered. "And Jade. It was a few years ago, not long after you were put in prison. Dad was making Jade and me fight each other, even though we didn't want to. Jade cut me, worse than she meant to, and she stopped fighting me to assess how bad it was. Dad didn't like that she was helping me, and he liked the fact that she kept apologizing to me, over and over, even less. He-he took off his belt and started beating us with it, and-and..." I trailed off, trying to hold back my tears. Artemis Lian Crock does not cry, no matter what. 

"It's ok," My mother gently told me. "It's over now. That day is dead, gone, and passed. There's no need to think or talk about it if you don't want to. Your father is out of your daily picture now. I love you, Baby Girl, and that will never change. Your father won't be doing that again, and I would never do such a vile thing. It's alright. You're safe now.  Không cần phải lo lắng." A/N So, confession time. I don't speak Vietnamese. Nor do I know any Vietnamese people. So, I have to use the Google Translate thing, which I am fully aware can be inaccurate. This is SUPPOSED to mean, 'no need to worry', BUT it might be wrong. So, I apologize for that if it is.  Now, back to the story.

"Thanks, Mẹ," A/N Mom or mother  I said. "I love you, too."

"I know," Mom said. "I'm awesome," I laughed at her comment. It was true. "Chúc ngủ ngon, Baby Girl."

"Good night to you, too, Mom," I said, and we drifted off to sleep, both feeling safer and more content than either of us had in years.

Sorry that it's so short! But I had the idea spinning around in my head. I'm not completely sure WHY, but I am emotionally invested in Paula Nguyen Crock.  Anyone else? Just me? Anyway, bye my fellow YJ fans! Hope you liked it! Have a great day, or night, or whatever. Peace out! -Emma