Spitfire: Hear Me; Part Two

A/N Song is Hear Me by Imagine Dragons. I do not own Young Justice or the song

Wally's POV 

From the floor to the floor, And the sky to sky, You've  got to love and adore, and the rest is a lie, And if you're warm, then you can't relate to me; I said it before, I won't say it again, Love is a game to you, it's not pretend, Maybe if I fall asleep I won't breathe right

I layed on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, thinking of how much I loved Artemis and how much I wanted her to get completely better. She'd gotten a little better, though not as much as I would like. She'd sort of stopped cutting, she still did  but it had mostly stopped over the last few months. I wanted her to completely stop though. She'd say 'it's too hard', that it's harder than I thought it was and that I didn't understand what she was going through. Well, no I don't, Arty, I've never self-harmed. But, I did wanted to help her. 

She started to act like her love for me was fake, she didn't let me help her bandage her few cuts or comfort her after a nightmare. Didn't  she understand that I loved her, and that it's ok to be scared and to have problems, that I wouldn't judge her? 

Suddenly, I heard screaming. It was Artemis again. I heard her scream my name. I debated whether or not to go check on her, but I decided not to. She always got mad when I did, so why bother? It was just a nightmare after all.

Artemis' POV 

Can nobody hear me? I got a lot that's on my mind, I cannot breathe, can you hear it, too?

I woke up screaming. I had a nightmare, a way worse one than usual. So many at once. The team dying, Wally dying, Mom dying, Jade dying, you get the idea. Lots of dying with and without me being at fault. I had flashbacks of my terrible childhood. 

I kept screaming. How come no one was coming? Then I remembered that most of the team was on a mission. Well, Wally wasn't. Where was he? He was my boyfriend. He was supposed to be there for me. Oh, that's right, I'm a b**** and I chased him off, because I always said that I didn't want him to comfort me. But tonight was different. I needed him. But, of course, how would he know that? Stupid, stupid Artemis.

I could feel an overwhelming amount of emotions fill me, and I just wanted to scream. I didn't cut myself, if I got caught, Wally would hate me. But voices filled my head, screaming at me to cut myself, just one cut, it would help. The longer I suppressed the feeling, the worse it got, and the voices were soon screaming at me to kill myself. 

Before I knew what I was doing, I had grabbed my swiss army knife and dragged it along my wrist. It barely affected me. The voices in my head continued to whisper things like, 'Kill yourself. Just do it. It will make all of this go away. You'll be better off.  No one will miss you. Not even Wally. If he'd miss you, he'd be here to comfort you.'

'No,' I objected. 'The only reason that Wally's not here is because I told him not to come.'

'If he truly loved you, he would come anyway. Now, do it, so you can leave this torture called life.'

I ignored them and cut myself again. Didn't do zilch. Over and over again I cut myself, trying to relieve the emotions and the voices, but they still howled. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I yanked a bottle of pills from a drawer in my bedside table and opened it. I didn't take them, not yet. I grabbed my knife again and pressed it against my wrist, preparing myself to push it down and sever the artery there. Just as I was about to, there was a blur, and suddenly my knife was out of my hands, and Wally was cradling me in his arms.

"Hey, hey, hey," He whispered. "It's ok, it's ok. You're alright. I've got you." I started hyperventilating, and I could tell that I was about to have a panic attack. I just stared up at Wally's face, trying to take deep breaths, but it didn't work.  I wanted my knife back. He was looking down at my no doubt panic-stricken face. I reached one of my hands out to search for the knife, but Wally caught me. "No, Artemis," He said sternly. "You can't have that. I know what you're planning on doing with it, and I'm not gonna let you." I whimpered and made another reach for it. Wally pressed me against me against him tightly, too tightly for me to be able to move my arms, which were pressed against his chest and stomach.