Paper Hearts

Song is Paper Hearts by Silver Trees ft Bailey Jehl

Song is Paper Hearts by Silver Trees ft Bailey Jehl. (I can't upload it because my phone hates me. Find it on Spotify or Apple Music or something.) Dress is Artemis'. Just picture this dress but not button up and strapless. Why she's wearing a dress will be obvious soon enough.

"Your mission is an undercover mission on a party in Gotham. Your mission is to get information about the Shadows' next attack, which will be planned there. Aqualad, Rocket and Superboy will be posing as security. Miss Martian, Zatanna, and Robin will pose as partygoers. And Kid Flash and Artemis will pose as entertainment."

"Wait," Wally said. "What do you mean by entertainment?"

"I mean that you will be singing for the party as a distraction for the others."

"What?!" Artemis said, snapping to attention. "Oh, no, no, no, no. I can't sing. Like, at all."

"I've heard otherwise," Batman said. Each of the teens got a stack of papers. "Study them," He ordered. "Now, go get ready. Your outfits for tonight are on your beds." He left.

Wally went into his room. He had the expected tux, only he had a denim tie, which he hadn't been expecting. He looked at the stack of papers and groaned. He had to sing. In front of lord knows how many people.

Artemis walked into her room, saw the denim dress on her bed and almost walked right back out. She so did not want in on this mission.

After an annoying trip there, involving getting teased and M'gann and Zatanna forcing them to practice because apparently the song was one of their favorites, they got there. They got ready and soon the two found themselves onstage.

A/N Italics are Artemis, bold is Wally, both is both.

Wally squeezed her hand right before the went on. Now, he started to sing.

"Here's the story, here we are. Falling forward into parts. Playing something into nothing, til we know it's not ours. All we have is something simple. All we know is what's been gone. Going in to some dramatic, static, pause."

He glanced at Artemis and continued. "Whoever can leave here first. Wherever I see you hurts. Whatever I need to do."

Artemis joined him. Her sweet, rough voice mixed with his perfectly. "We try to tell a story. We write each other into our lives. But after all, it's all just as thin as paper hearts."

Artemis started her part. "Take this sense of false direction. Take the words out of my head. Always hurt under protection. Always cut where I don't let in. Oh my mind, just try on patience. Oh my heart, just lead the way. All my life has been a silent fight to be ok. Yeah."

"We try to tell a story. We write each other into our lives. But after all, it's all just as thin as paper hearts."

They glanced at each other and locked eyes. "We try to tell a story. We write each other into our lives. But after all, it's all just as thin as paper."

Wally walked towards Artemis and gestured for her to do the same. They wrapped their arms around each other and locked eyes. "We try to tell a story. We write each other into our lives. But after all, it's all just as thin as paper hearts."

Wally lowered his head and Artemis rose to her tiptoes. Their lips met. Cheers and applause rose from the crowd. The two teens could barely hear it, however. The pulled away, staring into each other's eyes, smiling. They both knew that there was no way to escape the teasing from their teammates. And, honestly, they didn't care. Wally gently pulled Artemis back into the kiss, and everything around them seemed to disappear.

And this oneshot hits my five favorite oneshots that I've written list! I love the song, I got this idea for it, and I went with it! Hope that you liked it! Spitfire! 😍 🏹⚡️🏹⚡️😍