Torture: Part Two

ARTEMIS' AND WALLY'S POVS

Song: Believer by Imagine Dragons

(Disclaimer: It is a sad fact that I don't own YJ)A/N same warning as last chapter

ARTEMIS' POV

I was broken from a young age... Pain; you made me a, you made me a believer, believer... My life, my love, my drive, they came from pain

I felt cold water soak me. I groaned and felt my eyes flutter open. My dad stood in front of me, smirking. "Wanna play some more, Baby Girl?" He asked.

I pretended to think about it. Then I nodded decidedly. "No," I said. "Not really, Dad. But thank you for asking."

He rolled his eyes at me and smacked me in the face again. "None of that lip from you, young lady. Now if you don't wanna play anymore, you can tell me where your little base is and you can go back home."

I looked over at Wally. I jerked my head in his direction. "What about him?" I asked.Dad looked at Wally. "What do you mean 'what about him'? He stays of course. He's better leverage than you. He's Flash's nephew. His real nephew. Unlike you and your so called 'uncle', Green Arrow. The League actually cares about him. Not like you and your worthless self. You're just a stupid piece of crap that happens to have a small archery talent. No one actually loves or cares about you. You're lucky that I'm letting you go instead of just killing you." He scoffed. "It's not like anyone would miss you anyways." Ok, well that stung. But, I'd kind of expected it. He'd said things like that to me before. I did not, however, expect Wally's reaction.

"That's not true!" Wally yelled. The collar shocked him. He didn't seem to notice. Too angry, I guess. "That's not true at all! The team and the entire league cares about her! So does her mother! So does Cheshire! Just because you don't doesn't mean no one does! YOU'RE the worthless piece of crap that no one would miss! Not Arty! And so what if she isn't actually Green Arrow's niece? He still loves her like one! Heck, he doesn't love her like a niece. He loves her like a daughter. And she's not even his daughter, she's YOURS!!! And you still don't love her even half as much as GA does! You don't love her at all actually! But GA cherishes her like the treasure that she is!" I smiled. I knew this would end badly for both Wally and me, but I still liked hearing him say it. Next to no one had ever talked so sweetly and passionately about me before. It was nice.

Dad saw me me smiling and glared at me. He slapped me yet again. "What are you smiling about?!" Dad yelled, outraged. He started punching me everywhere he could get his hands on. And I mean everywhere. And that was a lot as I was standing up, chained to the ceiling, like I had been since he first came in with the weapons, most of which he hadn't used yet. I groaned. He punched me in the chest, making me yelp. 

"STOP IT!!!" Wally yelled, getting another electric shock. "Fine," Dad said with a sigh. He punched me in the gut, making me cough up blood, then walked out of the room. Shocking us both again.

WALLY'S POV

First things first, I'ma say say all the words inside my head. I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been

Artemis looked over at me. My chest was heaving, and I was exhausted, probably because of all of the electric shocks. "Are you ok?" I mouthed at her.She nodded. "Yes," She said. Then she seemed to think about it. And then she added, "You know, he said that same kind of crap to me for years. And even though I had friends who did care about me, friends that I still have, I believed him. Even though my best friend in the world, Cameron, insisted that it wasn't true. I became depressed. So much so I cut myself and even became suicidal. In fact, the only reason that I'm alive right now is that two years ago Cam caught me before I could take the pills that would have ended my life. He took me to the hospital, and the doctors there fixed the cut on my wrist that could have made me bleed out. Then he made me go to therapy. I couldn't tell the therapist the whole story of course, but it helped. The suicidal thoughts basically stopped and I got depression meds. Meds that I'm still on, even though I don't need them anymore. The depression has gone away since I joined the team in August. Do you know how big that is? And if I'm still doing well in January they'll finally take me off the meds!" She sounded so excited. I couldn't blame her. I just heard about this and I was so super excited for her.