Chapter 11: Companion

Liana woke up with a slight headache. She groaned when she remembered she was tied up. It had been so hard to sleep with RK breathing heavily.

"Hey," she said to the sleeping form beside her.
"I need to pee. Untie me."

"Stop making so much noise," he said, opening his eyes.

"It's already morning."

"So?"

"Will you please untie me?"

He stood up and went to the closet where he removed a gun. "I'm not taking any chances."

Liana thought of how sentimental he'd been the previous evening. She knew he was not a bad person but just an unlucky soul whose life had been destroyed by the death of his loved ones. "Why don't you let me leave? You can tell your psycho boss that I attacked you or something."

"And you think he'll believe that?" He said, undoing the knots connecting her hands together. "Besides, why should I let you go?"

"Like you said yesterday, it doesn't benefit you. I'm a burden. You could be doing something with your life instead of babysitting me."

"I said lots of stupid things yesterday. I want the two of you to suffer and pay for what you did."

"I didn't do much," Liana stood up and went into the bathroom. "Why didn't you kidnap Gina?"

"She wouldn't suffer if she was here," RK said, standing at the bathroom door. "He says she's quite hardened so you can't break her by locking her in a room. She wouldn't be complaining if she were here. I've studied her."

"When did you come to this town?" Liana opened the door.

His expression changed. "Stop acting like we're best friends."

Liana looked at the gun held limply by his hand. It was facing down and the safety was on. She charged at him and they both fell, his head hitting the floor with a thud. She winced and tried to get up but he grabbed her hand. She tried to bite it while pulled her down with so much strength that she fell on top of him. He hit her head with a pistol and she felt dizzy.

Liana found herself tied up on the bed, gagged. She was horrified on realizing that she was half naked. She only had her knickers on. She struggled in vain.

Five minutes later he entered wearing only shorts. Liana looked at him with pleading eyes and he grinned. "Thought you'd be awake. I gave you so much freedom. Why did you have to turn against me. Who knows? Maybe I was going to let you go but you're so stupid. You think you can actually leave this house without my permission? Well, think again."

He sat on the bed and caressed her bare leg. "You know it's been so long since I've done it. Can you imagine that since my wife died, I haven't been with any woman."

He was quite good looking but Liana knew it was possible. She shook her head, hoping he'd let her be.

Unfortunately for her, RK had made up his mind. He did what he'd planned to do, just how his boss had instructed. When he was done, he went to the  bathroom while Liana cried.

He came back and dialled a number on his phone. The person must've picked up immediately because he smiled and said 'hello'.

"There's someone I want you to talk to," he said and tapped the speaker icon.

"Lia?" Gina's voice came through.

RK removed the gag from Liana's mouth.

"Gina!"

"Oh my goodness. I'm so happy you're alive. I'm trying to get you out of there."

"Are you really?" Liana asked, fresh tears welling up.

"Of course. I miss you so much."

"Or you miss my help in your activities."

"Lia?"

"Have you told the police everything? The whole truth?"

"Lia, you know-"

"Stop making excuses," Liana said. "Now I'm getting to understand you better. You're very selfish, Gina Breya. You only care about yourself and I was so foolish. I'd always imagined that you loved me like your own sister."

"I do."

"My life is in danger and you're not doing your best to ensure the police find me. How can you claim to love me?"

"Here's the thing. It's useless for me to tell them about the keys."

"How do you know? What if that's what my kidnapper wants so he can return my freedom."

"Tell me, who's that bastard holding you. What does he want?"

RK hang up before Liana could say anything. "You have been a good girl."

Immediately, there was a knock on the door. "That must be your new companion."

He gagged her once again and put on his shorts then left the room.

Later, Liana was taken to the dark room. There was a man wearing a mask. Next to him was a girl tied to a metallic chair. Liana recognized her immediately. She was a friend to Gina.

It was Hellen and she was unconscious.