Chapter 27: Ned

If you dance with the devil then you haven't got a clue, for you think you'll change the devil, but the devil changes you. ~Unknown

Liana glanced at the woods and the body alternatively. Nothing moved but she had a feeling that a minute from then, the killer would appear from the woods. Taking one last look at RK's body, she ran into the woods while fishing out her phone to call the police. When she stopped to dial the number, she heard a rustle of leaves and quickly turned her head so hard her neck almost snapped. She relaxed when she saw the familiar face of Dylan Ineroya. She waited for him to come closer but when she saw his expression, alarm bells went off in her head. She broke into a run. There was a possibility that he was the killer so she couldn't take any chances.

Trying to look for a number in a phone when running is hard but Liana was able to locate Gina's number which she had never called using her new cellphone. When she finally dialled it, she crashed onto the hard bark of a tree, hitting her head. Screaming in pain, she fell down still holding the phone. Dylan reached and snatched the it from her hand. Grimacing, he threw it against a tree and the screen shattered into pieces.

Dylan smiled wickedly, crouching down. "How could you think it was possible to run away from me?" He said, shaking his head with a slight hiss.

Liana's body was shaking but she tried to get up, which made her feel dizzy. She held her forehead to ease the pain but it was of no use. Dylan roughly pulled her into sitting position and she glared at him.

"What's going on with you?" She said. "Did you kill that man?"

"You mean RK?" He chuckled. "Stop pretending that you don't know him. He was starting to annoy me, saying we should stop and all that stupid crap. What, did you like him? Stockholm syndrome?"

"Let me go," Liana told me. "I swear I won't say anything to Gina. You should trust me. I could've told the police everything but I didn't. Isn't that proof that I can keep my word?"

"I don't care," he said, standing up. "Are you coming willingly or not?"

Liana may not have been the strongest girl but she couldn't go down without a fight. She stood up and kicked his groin then dashed into the direction of the road screaming as loud as possible. She looked back and saw him clutching his private parts before running after her. She couldn't understand how he was able to recover so fast.

She was left with a few steps to reach the road when he caught up with her, covering her mouth was his hand. With all the strength she had left, she bit into his palm.

"You stupid bitch," he yelled while she struggled to be let free. She used on her hands to scratch his until she saw blood, making him so angry he pressed harder on her mouth. "I'll break your jaw if you don't stop."

Liana turned to the empty road, praying that someone would come. Just then she heard the sound of car coming down the road and she resumed her struggle. It was then that he removed a handkerchief and placed it near her nose. Liana felt herself losing energy and everything went black.

She regained consciousness in the same basement where RK had kept her. She was tied on to a metallic chair, again. When would this nightmare ever end? It was the same place where the masked man had raped her and Hellen. She wondered if Dylan was that man and felt disgusted. She used to have a crush on such a vile man. How hadn't anyone suspected it. It's a pity that a lot of girls like mysterious men. Some of the mysteries are very ugly when uncovered. She felt bad for Gina who'd be most affected by all this.

"I believe the only thing you want to know now is why I did all of this," he began. He came and stood in front of her then took off his shirt. Memories of the last time he'd been close to her flooded back and she looked away. "What? Don't you like my body? I know half the girls in this town do. Gina lives for it." He walked away and Liana stared at his retreating back. He picked up a whip and padded back.

Liana didn't want to hear his narcissistic words. All she wanted was to know why he would ruin Gina's life.

"Okay, I'll tell you." He said, placing the whip on Liana's lap. It felt slightly heavy and she tried to shake it off. It remained in position. "My name is Ned and contrary to what you may expect, I won't waste time telling you my life story. I know that you want to answer me why am like this. Such a stupid question.

You two are responsible for the death of my siblings. Don't you remember? The two siblings who died at the supermarket with the owner?"

Liana had seen the news story. It was something she and Gina never talked about. After watching the news, they'd gone and thrown the keys into a river, swearing never to talk about the incident again. They knew it was their fault that happened and couldn't forgive themselves but decided not to go to the police. They would have gone to jail and had their lives ruined.

Liana wished she could tell him how sorry she felt. She had been young and stupid by then. At this point, she was willing to turn herself in to pay for her mistakes.

"Shut up," he said. "You know nothing of what I've gone through all my life, especially since you killed the only people I ever loved. Yes, I recently found out I had a step brother but it's not the same. Kyla, Mark and I were the three devils and we had lots of plans which you two ruined."

He was twisted. Liana and Gina may have contributed to what happened but it was not their fault his siblings went to rob someone's supermarket and faced the consequences.

"I'm tired of these games. I want to kill the two of you and move away to start a life somewhere. Seeing you reminds me of that night..."

He looked back when he head heels clicking against the stairs. Liana followed his gaze and saw Hellen descending the stairs with a wide grin on her face.

A/N
Hey, sorry if there were lots of typos. I'm not feeling quite well but it's been so long since I updated. I had to write something today.

Thanks for reading.