Epilogue

I wish people could understand that the brain is the most important organ of our body. Just because you can't see mental illness like you could see a broken bone, doesn't mean it's not as detrimental or devastating to a family or an individual. ~Demi Lovato

Six months had passed. Gina had served her sentence after being proven guilty in charges of theft and hiding information. The mental health aspect was considered and therefore she was only sentenced for a few months.

It turned out that Dylan had set the two friends up by leaving his keys outside as bait. He had been stalking Gina and Liana and got to know their plans for that day from RK who he'd sent to eavesdrop. Dylan's DNA matched with two girls that had gone missing in the town since he he came to live there. Dylan got himself life imprisonment at a maximum prison for his crimes. Hellen had escaped and was now a fugitive.

A lot of people had come up with complaints about lost keys and they were all retuned including the ones Dylan had stolen from her collection on that night. While serving her time, she got therapy for her obsession and now she was ready to live a normal life. She still had a few months of therapy. Gina was sure she wasn't going to let cagophilia ruin her life and was developing another hobby. Reading. She couldn't wait to buy the many good books that had been recommended to her.

Liana was waiting outside the prison with her parents car. Gina hugged a guard who had been good to her and walked out. Outside the gate, Gina yelled "Freedom" while Liana ran towards her. The girls embraced as if they hadn't seen each other a week ago.

"I'm so happy you're out, my friend. I missed you so much all these years. Before I didn't know how hard it was to get a good friend because I've always had you. Now, I know how valuable you are and I won't ever let you go."

"Same here," Gina said, letting go of Liana and looking around. "Life has been hard but knowing that one day I'd be with those I love has kept me going. Promise me that we'll be friends forever."

"Of course."

"I love being free," Gina laughed.

"Hey, did I tell that there's a new hottie in town?" Liana asked. They were in Gina's parents car.

"No," Gina said, laughing and shaking her head. "I do not even want to see him. The next person I date will have to be someone who has lived here their whole life. I don't want any more surprises. God knows how many people I've annoyed in this world."

Liana laughed and started the car. She stopped it outside the children's clothing shop she worked at.

"I'm going get my stuff and we'll get going," Liana opened the car door. "This party is going to be so lit I can't wait. Hey, look!"

Liana closed the door and sat. "There he is!"

Gina followed her gave and found herself looking at the hottest man to ever grace the streets of her town. He was standing with Rory.

"He's an angel," Gina said, watching him as he described something to Rory with hand gestures. He was wearing a tight dress shirt that exposed his well defined arms and body. Her eyes roamed his trousers that fit so well. He looked so smart with his short black hair combed back. He had a straight nose and the loveliest lips ever. She liked the way they moved.

"You're staring."

"What?" Gina said, not taking her eyes off the pair.

"I'm getting out," Liana said and stepped out before Gina could stop her.

"Hey Liana," Gina heard Rory as he and his friend walked towards Liana. Gina decided to get out because she felt like knowing this stranger

"Hey," Rory said hugging her. She put her hands around him for a few seconds. "Meet my friend, Lucas."

"Hi Lucas," she smiled at him. "I'm Gina."

"I know," he said, offering his hand. Gina did the same. "I've seen you in newspapers. This is my parents' home town so we always caught up on what was going on. We should go out for a drink sometime, no?"

Gina looked into his dark eyes, unsure of what to say. He raised his eyebrows.

"We should," she smiled. She was ready to take the risk and go out with him only once. She knew it was wrong for her to even think of going out with this stranger but she had always loved taking risks. Six months in prison were not enough to take that away. She had learnt to be more responsible and careful, though. Until she knew him really well, she wasn't going to trust him.

THE END

Author's Note
Thank you for reading The Psychopath's Revenge. I'm glad you enjoyed it even though it was a first draft. It'll soon be edited.

I'm writing another mystery Insomniacs Anonymous. Please check it out. Feel free to follow me.

Regards, CG.