Chapter 22: Stranger danger

After paying her fare, Rosie stepped out of the taxi and smoothed her tight little black dress. She was at the right place in the small town's main street, outside a kids clothing shop. She looked around for the mini casino her late best friend Carey had told her about. She saw it two shops away and started strutting with her four inch heels. Between the casino and another building was a small corridor she had to go through to find the spot for new prostitutes. It was a risky business but more in cities like the one she'd just left with nothing but a purse and the dress she was wearing. If she was lucky she'd get a good customer and be able to buy some supplies tomorrow. Carey had said so many things about her hometown especially how peaceful it was and that's exactly what she needed, peace. She knew Carey's murderers and they were probably searching everywhere for her.

Two girls in skimpy dresses were standing behind a small building under dim light.

"Hello," Rosie approached them and they gave her cold looks, not bothering to reply. Rosie went to the other end of the building and stood there, looking out for customers. After five minutes, a tall man wearing a hoodie approached and the other girls strutted towards him but he held up his hand, stopping them. They retreated to their former position. The man gestured to Rosie and she went to him. She smiled, feeling lucky.

"Hey," he said, not removing his hood. "We'll walk to my car."

"Okay," she said. "I'm Rosie."

"How are you?" He said, leading her further away from the center of the town. "You're new here, right?"

"Yeah, I have just arrived."

"Why did you choose this town?" He inquired. "You don't have answer if you don't want to."

"I've heard it's peaceful," Rosie answered.

"I see," the man said. They reached a small blue car parked alongside others. It was outside a very loud club. He was so nice as to open the door for her. Men in the city rarely did that for people like her. They'd just stop at a street and order you to get in and drive away without saying anything else.

"Would you like a beer?" He asked when they'd settled in. "There's some in the back."

"Yes, please." Rosie said, reaching out to the package and pulling out a can. She opened it and took a huge gulp. "I really needed this. Thank you."

"Can I have a sip?"

"You're driving."

"Why are you so mean?"

"Okay, just a sip."

He took it from her and drank some then looked at the can. "Nice."

He took another sip and handed it back. He was such a nice guy. Rosie could see only part of his face but she had a feeling he was handsome. She finished her beer in one gulp and started feeling drowsy.

She returned to reality later. She was on lying on a couch and the man was watching a crime show on the TV.

"Hey there, sleepy head." He turned and Rosie gasped when she saw his face. A handsome man like that wouldn't have any trouble getting a woman to sleep with him. Why would he want a prostitute?

"What happened? I normally don't fall asleep so early."

"You slept off but I hope you feel better because we have a lot to do."

"Do we?" She said seductively, trying to ignore her concerns about him.

He stood up. "Come with me."

She got up from the couch and he held her hand, half dragging her away from the living room. They came to stairs leading to the basement and she followed, asking no questions. In this business asking too many questions could cost you a lot.

There were five big candles in the basement providing enough light. At the foot of the stairs, Rosie noticed something she'd not expected to find such a good looking young man's home. There was a bed in the center of the room with ropes on the bed posts. Hanging by nails attached the wall were cuffs, whips and other weird stuff. Rosie shivered for she'd never encountered a client who was into that stuff but some of her friends had and the stories they told sounded like horror movies.

"Excited?" he asked and Rosie turned to look at him. There was an evil gleam in his eyes that she hadn't noticed before.

"I've never done this," she said. He spanked her backside and she let out a shriek. Grabbing her wrist, he dragged her towards the bed and pushed her into sitting position. She didn't struggle because she wanted to get out of the room alive. He picked up a cloth and placed it between her lips and tied the ends at the back of her head.

"Undress now. We're going to have some fun and you'll never forget this night."

And Rosie never forgot that terrible night for as long she lived, which was only one more day.

Hey there! I'm feeling quite happy today because I received some good news. For that reason, I'm doing a double update. Thank you so much for reading. I hope this chapter was good enough to receive a precious vote from you.

Love, CG.