Chapter 24: Unforeseen betrayal

"Thank you so much," Rosie repeated for the fifth time.

"No problem," Leonard smiled at her and started the car. "You're family and that means it's my responsibility to take care of you. Why did you come to this shanty town of all places?"

"That doesn't matter," she glimpsed at him and turned her eyes back to the road. "I'd like to know how you knew I was here. Did the police call you? I know I had my ID the purse but still, that was too fast."

"So, I rescue you and you don't even want to answer any of my questions? Why don't you just get out then?"

Startled, Rosie looked at his clenched jaw. This wasn't the timid Leonard she'd always known. He usually never raised his voice to anyone and even when she broke the news after becoming a prostitute to make ends meet, he didn't speak harshly to her.
"I'm sorry but, what's gotten into you?"

Leonard didn't answer and Rosie decided to stay silent. They branched off the main road to a smaller one that went into the woods and Leo stopped the car outside an isolated cabin.

"Whose cabin is this?" Rosie broke the silence.

"It belongs to my brother," Leonard said as they got out of the car.

"But you don't have a brother."

"I do," he said coldly. Opening the door as if it was his own house, he let her enter first. Rosie gasped when she saw the familiar living room and tried to run out but Leonard grabbed her and clamped a hand on her mouth then kicked the door closed with his leg. Rosie tried to bit his hand as she struggled to remove the hands around her body.

A familiar face ran into the room and immediately cuffed her hands and Leonard relaxed his hold on her mouth and that gave her a chance to bite his palm.

"You bitch!" He swore, slapping her hard across the face and she screamed loudly while heading for the door. The other man pulled out a gun from his pocket.

"Stop this drama or I'll kill you," he said pointing it at her. "I just wanna have fun. Why are  you so scared, Rosie?"

"How do you two know each other?" Rosie asked, her body trembling. She was still waiting for an answer when she felt a prick on her arm and looked to see Leonard injecting her. She tried to push him away but it was too late, the liquid had already entered her blood stream. "What have you done, Leo? Am I going to die?"

"Only if you scream or shout because he'll shoot you if you do."

"Why did you bring me here?" She asked as she felt dizzy and tired.

***

Her eyes fluttered open as she came back to reality. She was lying on the floor, her hands cuffed together and chained to one of the bed posts. She saw him seated on the steps and her heart started racing fast. He smiled wickedly when their eyes met and picked up a knife. He went and knelt by her side, pressing the blade to her bare thigh.

"Why aren't you happy to see me like you were on the day we met?" He asked but she couldn't answer with duct tape over her lips. "Are you judging me because of my preferences? Don't you know that's it a hoe's job to satisfy the dark cravings we won't expose to our girlfriends? Anyway, forget it. You know that girl Gina, the one you shared a holding cell with. She's very special, unlike you. A lot of people love her, including myself but you are just a trashy hoe, always hoping that one of your clients will fall for you. That'll never happen and so I'm going to save you from dying slowly because of broken dreams. I'm sure you wished to become something other than what you are but unfortunately that won't happen any soon. Now the only person you could count on has realised he's adopted and not part of your family. Do you think your uncle and aunt's deaths were really accidental? Well, let's not trouble you with that. We'll end this now especially because I don't want you ratting me out to the police."

Tears streamed down her face as she tried to scream. She raised her leg to kick him but that only resulted in making the blade dig into her thigh. He sat on her legs, pierced her thigh and dragged the knife down her leg, creating a long gulley full of blood. The pain drove her insane and she struggled, wishing he'd kill her already. He bent down and kissed her forehead, then with one swift move, stabbed her in the chest.

"Oh Gina!" He sighed as she took her last breath. "Look what you made me do."

Hey guys, thanks for reading, voting and commenting. It means a lot to me.

Special shout-out to @cheerokeemami78 and @Lux2rich Thanks for sticking around and supporting me by voting. I'm glad you like the story.