Chapter 13: Moon's Point

To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life. ~ Elizabeth Gilbert

Gina sat on her bed, placed a pillow on her lap and stared at the table. Dylan's keys were missing and she didn't remember when she'd last seen them. She had searched every part of the room in vain. Someone was intent on framing her and destroying her life. She got up and sat on the chair then opened her notebook which was on the table. She picked up a pen and tried to think of everyone who might want to hurt her.

The first name she wrote down was Rory. Motive had to be revenge because she'd constantly turned him down. To her, he seemed like someone with a twisted mind so that was possible. Next came Liana. It was possible that Liana staged the whole act though she couldn't think of a motive. She suspected Liana because she was the only other person who knew that Gina had cagophilia. Gina knew her personality and it was one which was bound to offend some people in ways she may not understand. The third person was Candela who hated Gina for "stealing" her boyfriend. It wasn't Gina's fault as Marco had left Candela because he didn't like her anymore. There were others but those were old enemies that had moved out of town. She didn't have time to write about them.

She decided to check the whole house. Maybe her mother had found and placed them in another room but she didn't dare ask. Barnes had probably told them about the keys. Since she was alone at home, she could search everywhere without anyone getting suspicious.

She began with her parent's room, continued to the boys' room, guest room and then the living room. As she was searching the kitchen, her phone blared from her bedroom. Thinking it was the kidnapper, she broke into a run but she was pleasantly surprised when she saw Dylan's name.

"Hey," she said, breathlessly.

"Hi Gina," he said in his deep voice. "Have you been running?"

"No," she let out a nervous laugh. "I was doing my daily exercise."

"Wow! What does it consist of?"

"Planks, sumo squats and others. How are you?"

"I'm okay. I was wondering if you would like to come with me for a walk out of town."

"Which direction?"

"Through the forest to Moon's point."

"Most people go to Moon's point at night?"

"Do you want to go there at night?"

"Nope. Give me thirty minutes."

"Okay. Will pick you up."

When he hang up, Gina smiled and kissed the screen of her phone. At least something in her life was going well. She abandoned the search and immediately went to the bathroom and stripped. Putting the dirty clothes in the laundry basket, she turned the shower on.

Because of the excitement, she was ready in fifteen minutes. She sat in the living room, going through her Facebook news feed. It was boring as usual. Most of her friends lived in the same old small town so she knew things before they were posted. There were lots of people posting about others and other annoying things. Marcus who'd moved to a big city and possibly become stupid had posted photos of him with two semi nude women in his arms. He was always posting photos with the two of them and they were all in some kind of relationships. How silly!

She heard the door bell and went outside, not bothering to pretend like she wasn't eager. One thing about her was that she didn't pretend. If she liked you, she'd tell you. If she didn't, she'd still tell you, unless she just wanted your keys. She was good at lying but not pretence.

"Hey," she said, proffering her hand.

He shook it firmly. "How are you?"

"I'm alright," she locked the door and inserted the key in the back pocket of her jeans. "Barnes told me you lost your keys."

"Yeah. I got the locks changed so that's alright. I'll be more careful this time."

"Don't you ever get scared, living alone in the woods? The other cabins are quite far away from yours."

"I can take good care of myself," he said, tapping his right upper arm.

Gina felt like touching it to feel his strength.

"Wanna touch?" he grinned.

"Yes."

He stopped walking and Gina felt his hard arm with her palm. She smiled. "It's quite hard."

They reached Moon's point forty five minutes later. It was six p.m. Moon's point was a clearing in the forest with big beautiful rocks that had been painted. It was a picnic spot during day time and a lovers nest at night. Everyone in town loved it and it had existed even before Gina was born. Her parents and almost every older person in the town had been there. It was a respected place and people were always requested not to do anything inappropriate there but some wild young people never listened to that. Few people went there at night anyway. Not many liked being in the woods after dark.

"You're the first girl I've brought here," Dylan said after they'd sat on one of the smaller stones.

"I don't believe that," Gina shook her head, smiling.

"You should," he said, snaking his arm around her waist. Gina's breath hitched and she looked at him. He gazed into her eyes. "Do you believe now?"

She smiled, not knowing what to say. She had a lot of things she wanted to tell him like how handsome he was. That she wanted him to hold and be hers forever. It was torture, looking at him but not being able to have him.

She leaned in and their foreheads met. Her breathing quickened as he angled his head slightly. She closed her eyes and their lips met in a slow sensual kiss. His lips felt warm against hers, spreading warmth through her entire body. Her heart body trembled and melted into his when he pulled her closer. She knew right then this was something she could never get enough of.

A/N: Hey there! Thanks for reading. Please vote, comment or share. A follow would be much appreciated too.

Love, CG.