Three

17 years ago

"In five, four, three, two..."

"This is Jim Hellerman reporting live for Channel 2 News outside the Capital West Bank at Main and Sixth. A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not three hours ago and took an unknown amount of hostages."

"Alright guys what's the game plan?" I asked. Luther was quick to jump in, as always.
"We need a distraction. Then we'll storm in together. Anyone to volunteer to go first?"
"I'll do it." Allison perked up.
"But-" "Luther there's no time to protest. Now let's go!" Ben said.

I stood at my post and waited for the signal. Allison was manipulating one of the robbers.
"I heard a rumour, that you shot your friend in the foot." She said.
In a matter of seconds, a gunshot fired. That was our signal.

Luther smashed through the glass ceiling and took out one of the men by the counter. He threw him out of the window above. I could hear people outside gasping and shouting. Reporters scattered around, trying to get the best scoop of the action.

"Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives!" I saw Diego throw his knives towards Allison and the other man, but instead they diverted in mid air and pinned another guy to the wall on the left. Ouch.

I ran into the hall, invisible, and used my power to pick up some glass from the ceiling that Luther broke. Then, I threw them at a man who was standing by the hostages. He groaned in pain and collapsed on the floor. The hostages screamed, obviously speechless and confused as they couldn't see me. I rolled my eyes. They'll thank me later. I became visible again and sarcastically said "You're welcome.".

"Get back you freaks!" The guy on top of the counter said, pointing a gun at my siblings. But I wasn't afraid. I walked over to join them.
"Be careful up there buddy!" Diego said tauntingly.
"Yeah ,wouldn't want to get hurt!" Allison chimed in. I just smiled at him. He was horrified. "Stay back!"

"Or what?" Five said, appearing right behind the man, sitting on top of the counter. The man went to shoot him but he was too late. Five had already space jumped behind him again. The man went to shoot him again, but only to find that his gun had been replaced with a stapler.
"Oh, that's one badass stapler!" Five said sarcastically, before knocking the man out with his own 'weapon'.

Five jumped down and high fived me. "That was pretty awesome." I said. "Thanks Y/N!" He replied, casually winking. I giggled and walked over to join the others, who were gathered by the vault door.

"Do we really have to do this?" Ben complained.
"Come on Ben. There's more guys in the vault." Luther said.
"I don't sign up for this.". Ben sighed and entered the vault. I watched in anticipation. Ben's power was incredible. Plus, we didn't get to see it often. In a few moments screams could be heard from inside. I could see glimpses of the monsters tentacles through the glass. After a minute of silence, Ben exited the room. Covered in blood.
"Can we go home now?" He said shakily.
We all laughed and hugged. Except for Ben. We all just patted him since we didn't want blood on our uniforms. Whilst all this was happening, Klaus had freed the hostages. They were now running around outside, just relieved to be free I assume.

We all came out of the bank, walking proudly. Hundreds of cameras flocking around us. Reporters were scrambling over one another to get to us. I ignored them and their questions, as dad had told us to. Speaking of, I spotted Vanya and our father on a rooftop. Vanya waved slightly. I smiled but didn't wave back. If I waved dad would notice and tell off Vanya.

"Another successful mission if I do say myself Y/N." Five said to me subtly. I smiled and replied "Yes indeed."
He chuckled softly. He has a pretty smile. We turned our attention back to the situation as one of the officers shouts to Diego "Lower your weapon!" Klaus laughs at him as he reluctantly puts his knives on the ground.

I was busy basking in my glory when I noticed dad had arrived and was addressing the public.
"Our world is changing. It has changed. There are some among us, gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children." I scowled when he said seven. He missed out Vanya. For a reason of course; she was ordinary. However it still hurt. Five noticed me scowling and nudged me slightly, snapping me out of my daze.
"I give you, the inaugural class of The Umbrella Academy." He stated proudly. He presented us as if we were trophies. I'm glad he's not my biological father. Questions came swarming in from the reporters.

"Channel 9 sir, what happened to their parents?"
"They were suitably compensated." 'You mean you bought us and didn't care about them anymore' I thought to myself.

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?"
"Of course! As I am for the fate of the world." He stated, as if he was foreshadowing something.

Hey! Chapter 3 is here! Let me know what you think. Always open for constructive criticism. Hope you enjoyed!~ Luna <3