Nine

Nine

We pulled up outside of Griddys and man this place hasn't changed a bit. The neon lights were still annoyingly bright, the bubbly text of the sign was still the same. Nothing has changed. Five got out of the car and walked over to open my door for me. It was a sweet gesture. "Thanks." I said as he closed the door behind me.
"You're welcome m'lady." Five said, mocking an English accent. I giggled and smiled as Five also ran to grab the door to the café for me. I thanked him once again and sat down at the counter, eager to get a cup of coffee.

Five sat down beside me and we shared a smile. However the small bell above the door chimed, signalling someone else had arrived. Five and I turned our heads slightly to a man that I'd estimate to be in his 40s. He also wore an ugly green uniform.

He sat down beside Five and I. We waited in awkward silence until the waitress came out from the back to our service. She wore a bright pink uniform with a white apron around her waist. She had light blonde hair and a bright smile to match her general aura. She's a fluffy one.

"Sorry, sink was clogged." She says, grabbing her pen and notebook. "What'll it be?". She smiles. Again.
"Uhh gimme a chocolate éclair." The man says. The lady nods.
"Mmhmm and uhh can I get the kids glasses of milk or something?" Gesturing at Five and I as if we were his children. I shared a look with the man on my left whilst Five just looked irritated.
"Two coffees. Black." Five demands bluntly. He smiles innocently (but creepily, Five please stop) and kick me under the counter. I sigh and smile as well.

The lady is stunned and stands there awkwardly, not knowing what to say or do.
"Cute kids." She remarks with a smile, as she turns away to grab our orders. The man shrugs as if apologising for the woman mistaking us as his children.
Five sighed.
"Don't remember this place being such a shithole." He starts. I look up at him and raise an eyebrow.
"I used to come here all the time as a kid. I'd come with my brothers and sisters and we'd eat doughnuts till we puked." Five elaborates. I nod and smile at the good times.
It was a treat to ourselves. Father let us make our own way back to the house, so before we returned we'd stop by here and grab a snack. Oh the memories.
"Simpler times huh?"

"I suppose." the man said then nodded awkwardly. The waitress came back over with our orders. She handed out cups of coffee over and placed a chocolate éclair down on the counter for the man. I read her name tag. Agnes. A bright name for a bright person. Ew.

"I got theirs." The guy handed over a 5$ bill to Agnes, paying for our coffees.
"Thanks." I said, smiling slightly. He shrugs it off as a polite gesture. Five starts to examine his uniform.
"You must know your way around the city." He remarks.
"I hope so. I've been driving it for 20 years." The man answers.
"Good. I need an address." Five says. I'm confused. Why would he need an address? He's only just got back from the future! I take a sip of my coffee whilst Five asks for the add. The man scribbles down on a napkin and hands it to Five, who puts it in his blazer pocket. Five thanks the man and he leaves, leaving Agnes out back, Five and I left in the diner.

I take a sip of my coffee, trying to forget about the address and why Five needed it. I don't want to ask because I don't want to be nosy. Maybe I'll ask later. The tiny bell above the door rings again. I think nothing of it and go for another sip of coffee. Just then Five speaks up.
"That was fast. Thought I would've had more time before they found me." He says calmly. I look in the reflection on the staff bell on the counter. A number of armed men are behind us, aiming their weaponry. I'm not afraid. I bet Five and I could take down these guys easily. But I'm just so confused. Did Five know these people?

"So let's be professional about this, yeah? On your feet and come with us. They wanna talk." The tall man behind me says in a low tone.
"I've got nothing to say." Five says, slightly smirking. Okay what the fuck Five. I need an explanation. And also when did you get so cocky?!
"It doesn't have to go this way. You think I wanna shoot a kid? Go home with that on my conscience?" No you don't, of course you don't, this is a misunderstanding FIVE WTF?!?!
"I wouldn't worry about that,"

"You won't be going home."

ISTANBUL WAS CONSTANTINOPLE! I'm so excited to write the next chapter cause it's the fight scene Hahahaha. CHAPTER NINE IS FINALLY HERE I KNOW I SEE YOUR COMMENTS IM SORRYYYYYYY!!! When will school lay off my back and F off 😒  anyway here's Chapter Nine. Lemme know what you think! Thanks for reading! ~Luna <3