Thirteen

Five's POV (didn't see that coming ;) )

I was straightening out my uniform upstairs when I heard mother ring a small bell, telling my siblings and I it was time for dinner. I jog downstairs along with my brothers and sisters. We all take our places behind our chairs and wait patiently. Our father walks in, his posture straight as a pencil. His expression is cold and emotionless. He makes a beeline for his chair at the head of the table. All of us look down as to avoid his gaze.
"Sit!" He commands, and we all do so. On my left is Diego, who seems to be carving his initials into the chair with a sharp knife. To my right is Vanya, who sits directly in front of father. Finally, sat across from me in Y/N. Her H/C hair sits comfortably on her shoulders (if you have short hair I'm sorry lmao) and her E/C eyes are glancing from her plate to Klaus who looks like he's rolling a cigarette. Y/N quickly snatches it off of him, not drawing the attention of Ben who is sat in between them, buried in a book.

As we sat in silence listening to the worlds most boring record about mountaineering, I couldn't help but stare at dad as he sipped his red wine, looking at us like a vulture. He locks eyes with me and I can't take it anymore. Using the serrated knife I had in my hand, I stabbed the table in anger.  I see Y/N jump slightly at my outburst. Everybody immediately stopped eating and looked over at me.

"Number Five?" Father inquires.
"I have a question." I say, venom laced in my voice.
"Knowledge is an admirable goal but you know the rules ; no talking during meal times. You are interrupting Herr Carlson!" He responds. I shove my plate away, my appetite disappeared.
"I want to time travel." I demanded.
"No!" He said, dismissing me.
"But I'm ready! I've been practicing my special jumps just like you said!" I pushed, spacial jumping to the left side of him.
"See!" I exclaimed, gesturing to my existence.
"A spacial jump is trivial when compared with the unknown's of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is a kin to descending blindly into the freezing depths of the water, and reappearing as an acorn." He ranted with metaphors. I frowned.
"Well I don't get it." I said defeated.
"Hence the reason you are not ready." He ended and continued eating his food. God he's so difficult all the time. Why can't he just listen to me?

I looked over at the end of the table. Vanya and Y/N were visibly worried. The looks on their faces made me feel so guilty. But I have to do this. I need to progress. Y/N shook her head, practically pleading for me to let it go. But I won't.
"I'm not afraid!" I continued.
"Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind are far too unpredictable. Now I forbid from talking about this any more!" He said with annoyance in his tone. I stood utterly aggravated. I was so angry and humiliated. Suddenly, I walked towards the front door.
"Number Five?!" Father called out after me. I ignored him and threw open the front door, not bothering to shut it behind me.

Y/N POV

I pushed my chair out from the table and ran after Five. I've got to go calm him down. He never got along with dad but that fight was different. I could see the absolute rage and annoyance he was emitting. Vanya stood up as if she was going to follow me, but she sat back down awkwardly. She gave me a sad smile and a look that said "go get him back now". I sped off out of the house, not stopping when Hargreaves called out "Number Eight!". I sped off into the street. Now sure I wasn't as fast as Diego, but I was pretty speedy. I saw Five speed walking ahead of me.
"Five! Wait!" I shouted at him.

He turned his head round and spotted me. He stopped momentarily and I caught up to him. Just when I was about to speak, Five began to spacial jump. Out of desperation, I grabbed the sleeve of his blazer.
"Y/N LET GO!" Five screamed at me.
"NO FIVE I WONT LET YOU LEAVE! Please just come back!" I pleaded. The look of guilt in his gorgeous green eyes twisted my stomach. I couldn't let him go. I won't. We locked eyes. Mine were watering slightly whereas his were burning in anger. I just whispered quietly "Please..."
"I'm sorry..."
Without warning, he rips his arm away from me and my grip on him has gone. He then spacial jumps to God knows where.

The tears in my eyes start to roll down my cheeks. A sharp pain on my right hand grows. I hiss at the pain and see a nice sized cut on the back of my hand, starting from the bottom of my thumb to below my middle finger. I must've gotten hurt as Five jumped away. I hold my hand in pain. Now I have no idea where Five is, or if he's even coming back. Dammit. I let go.

Bonjour. Hola. Como estas? It's been a while hasn't it. Where have I been? Nowhere. I've been lurking in the shadows. The dark corners of Wattpad. Kidding however the dark corners of Wattpad are freaky. Anyway hello. Thankyou for being patient and thx for 36K reads and 1K votes it means a lot. Love y'all -Luna 🖤