Twelve

I hear the jangling of keys behind the old wooden door. I give Five a look from across the room. He nods to me, as if a silent agreement has been made. I walk over to him in the darkness and stand behind the chair. As the door begins to open I see a hand reach for light. Before it can switch it on Five flicks on the small lamp beside him, illuminating both of our faces.

"Jesus!" Vanya exclaims.
"You should have locks on your windows." Five recommends.
"I live on the second floor." Vanya states as she places her scarf and keys on her radiator.
"Rapists can climb." FIVE WHAT?! I ignore his comment and walk over to the sofa to sit down.
"You're so weird." Vanya commented as she closed the door behind her. Vanya sat beside me on the couch and carefully looked Five over.
"Is that blood?" Referring to Five's wound on his arm.
"It'll be fine I took care of it." I spoke. She just nodded and sighed.

"Why are you here?" Vanya questioned.
"I've decided you two are the only ones I can trust."
"Why us?" Vanya asks. Five goes to say something but changes his mind and instead says
"Because you'll listen." Everything was silent for a moment before Five spoke again.
"When I jumped forward and got stuck in the future, so you know what I found?" Vanya and I shook our heads sadly.
"Nothing...absolutely nothing. As far as I could tell I was the last person left alive. I never figured out what killed the human race, but I did find something else...The date it happens."

"The world ends in 8 days. And I have no idea how to stop it."
I bury my face in my hands, my brain hurting from this information.
Vanya sat for a few seconds with a blank expression on her face.
"I'll put on a pot of coffee."

IM BACKKKK!!! Omg exams are a nightmare. I'm so glad I have time to write! This is a super short chapter so another will be coming probably very very soon since I have nothing to do with my day so stay tuned! Also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 28K AND OVER 800 VOTES WTH?!?! I'm thrilled! So happy to be back. Leave a comment on what you think! ~Luna <3