Eleven

I was drowning in questions. What happened? Who were those people? Why were they after Five? My head swirled. I ran a hand through my hair in frustration as Five pulled up to an apartment complex. I raised my eyebrow at him.
"Where are we?" I asked.
"Vanya's apartment. Thought you would've been here before." Five answers, getting out of the car. I follow him out of the car and towards the door.
"I haven't. We kind of lost touch after we all moved out, and her book thing." I explained. He nodded in acknowledgment and walked up to the front door of the complex. He spacial jumps inside but doesn't unlock the door for me.

Instead he decides it would be fun to make me climb up the fire escape, as if he hasn't tormented me enough already. I look at him with a 'seriously' face and he waves his hand, gesturing me to climb the ladder already. I sigh and start climbing. Just don't look down. Don't look down. Don't look down. Don't look HOLY JESUS THAT'S HIGH!
"Hurry up Hargreeves!" Five taunts from above. I roll my eyes and start climbing again. At least he distracted me from the height.

Five lets me in through the window and briefly looks out onto the street to see if anyone saw me. He slid the window closed quietly and sat on a leather armchair in the living room. I started to wander round her apartment. It was humble and small. One bathroom, one bedroom and a joint living room and kitchen. Very ideal for grabbing snacks. I peek into Vanya's room. Quite plain but I'm not judging. I walk into her bathroom and see she has a medicine cabinet with a mirror on top. I can't resist temptation so I open the cabinet.

Pills.

She's been taking them for as long as I can remember. I feel so bad for her. I never knew what they were for though. I walked back into the living room where Five was. He was still bleeding out of his arm. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed some tissues. I folded them and applied pressure to Five's arm. He giggled and smiled softly at me.
"Thank you, but I'm fine really." He says, obviously embarrassed that I'm helping him, the damsel in distress. I shrug it off and focus on his arm. My fingers start to ache so I ask him to just hold it there.

I sat on the couch across from Five. We waited in silence.
"Are you gonna tell Vanya about the apocalypse?" I ask.
"Yeah. I'm hoping she'll understand. She's the only one I can trust." He replies. I put a hand to my chest and lean back sarcastically.
"Nice to know!" Five chuckles at me.
"You know that's not what I meant. I trust you too." He says. I smile. We sit in the dark, waiting for Vanya to return.

KSKSKSK IM SO SORRY ITS TAKEN THIS LONG TO GET IT DOEM BUT HERE IT IS!!! Thankyou ever so much for 21K reads that's absolutely unbelievable. Love you all and hope you enjoy <3 ~Luna