Five

Five sets a wooden board on the table and starts to make a sandwich.
"What's the date? The exact date." He asks as he grabs the bread from the kitchen counter.
"The 24th." Vanya says.
"Of what?" Five snaps back.
"March." I cut in.
"Good." He says simply.

"So are we gonna talk about what happened?" Luther asks, obviously trying to wrap his head around the fact that Five is actually here. In fact we probably all are. Five ignores him.
"It's been 17 years." Luther says, standing up and confronting Five.
"It's been a lot longer than that." Five replies before space jumping to grab the marshmallows.
"I haven't missed that." Luther mutters.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asks.
"The future. It's shit by the way." Five answers as he continues making his sandwich.
"Called it!" Klaus jumps in.
"I should've listened to the old man. You know jumping through space is one thing. But jumping through time is a toss of the dice." Five rants as he grabs peanut butter from the fridge. One thing to note about Five; he rants a lot. He stops for a moment and looks up. He looks at Klaus, who is sitting on the table.
"Nice dress." He remarks.
"Oh, well danke." Klaus thanks him as Allison scoffs.

"Wait how did you get back?" Vanya questions.
"In the end I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." He says smoothly. We're all very confused.
"That makes no sense." Diego says.
"Well it would if you were smarter." Five replies bluntly. Luther has to stand up and put an arm out to refrain Diego from killing Five right there and then.

"How long were you there?"
"Forty five years, give or take." We all take a minute. Forty five years?!
Luther and Diego slump back into their chairs in disbelief.
"So what're you saying?  That you're 58?" Luther asks.
"No. My consciousness, is 58. Apparently my body is now 13 again." Five answers as he puts together the last elements of his peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich.

"How does that even work?" I ask.
"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh, bet she's laughing now." Five responded before taking a bite of his snack.
"Delores?" Asks Vanya.
"Guess I missed the funeral." Five says picking up a newspaper headlining our fathers death.
"How'd you know about that?"
"What part of 'the future' did you not understand?" Five snaps. Luther is dumbfounded. I giggle a bit. It's nice to see that Five didn't lose his sarcasm.

"Heart failure." Five reads aloud.
"Yeah." "No." Luther contrasts to Diego's answer. He's just trying to make a mission out of dad's death. Can he just leave it be? Five tuts.
"Nice to see nothing's changed." He says as he goes to leave.
"That's it. That's all you have to say?" Allison says, clearly frustrated.
"What is there more to say? Circle of life." Five yells back. She just sighs. Well this is going to be fun.

I leave to go after Five. I go where it's only logical to find him. His room. I open the door and see Five going through his wardrobe.
"Shit." He murmurs. I gently knock on his door and he turns his head toward me.
"Ah Y/N. Just my luck. What should I wear today? I mean not that I have much choice though." He says sarcastically. I slowly walk over to him.
"Sorry your wardrobe hasn't gotten a makeover in about 17 years. Guess you'll just have to wear your little uniform." I say, picking out one of the hangers with his uniform on. He scoffs at me before taking the hanger out of my hand and setting it on the bed. He walks over to the window and sits on the sill, gazing out at the street for a while.

"I missed you Y/N." He says. I stand silent for a minute. I can't believe he's here right now in front of me.
"I missed you too." I reply. He sighs.
"I need your help Y/N." He said. I gave him a questioning look from where I was standing and crossed my arms. "What do you need?" I asked. He took a moment to think about his next words.
"I've got to go back." He finally said.
"Where?"
"The future. Keep up."
"Well you can't go back to the future because the future is forward so you'd be forwarding to the future. Or maybe you could say back to the future?" Five interrupts.
"Y/N! Focus! I need to go back to the future and fix-" He cuts himself off. He sighs and lets out a soft chuckle. "Never mind."
"Five what were you gonna say?" He sighs and looks down at his hands.
"You wouldn't understand." He whispers, just loud enough for me to hear. I scoff and bite my lip in frustration.

"Try me." I say.
"Y/N... come with me." He says. I look at him in confusion. "Where?" I question.
"The future. Help me stop.... something from happening. It doesn't matter now! I need your help. Just please say yes. There's a lot at stake." He rambles. I'm very confused.
"I.... but what time will we go to? What are we trying to stop? I need answers Five! What if-"
"Y/N." He interrupts once again.

"You need to listen. The apocalypse is in eight days. And I have no idea how to stop it."

Dun dun dun!!! Here's chapter 5! Lemme know what you think. As always, constructive criticism is welcome. If you have any ideas for further chapters just message me! Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed! ~Luna <3