Fourteen

Hiya. Been a while. I've been busy and unmotivated to continue this bUT IM DOING IT ANYWAY... eventually. I am writing other stuff tho. Seven Deadly Sins? Any takers? I've been listening to the song above on repeat it's a bop honestly. Anyway read on my children and enjoy :)

Y/N POV
"I survived on scraps. Anything I could find." Five pauses and scoffs to himself.
"You know that rumour that Twinkys have an endless shelf life. Well it's total bullshit." He continues to tell us, his tone uncomical.
"I can't even imagine." Vanya comments in disbelief, a look of pity brushed on her face.
"You do whatever you can to survive... or you die. So we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us we'd overcome it-" "Wait we?!" I interrupted him quickly. I watched his expression. For a moment he looked panicked, however it was only brief and he resumed his calm nature.

"Got anything stronger?" He inquires, waving his glass at Vanya. I roll my eyes. Alcohol? Really? In a situation like this we have to keep a straight head. Vanya rises from the sofa and takes Five's glass out of his hand that he's been rudely shaking at her. I stay in my place on the sofa. I've been relatively quiet during this conversation, but it's only because I'm trying to process everything and figure out a solution. This doesn't exactly have a straightforward answer!

Five has joined Vanya by the counter and is currently pouring some liquid poison into his glass. Five takes a good long sip and sighs. Vanya leans against the counter looking at Five confusedly.
"You think I'm crazy." Five states. Vanya rapidly shakes her head and stutters "No of course not! It's just-... it's just a lot to take in."
"Exactly what don't you understand?" Five asks frustratedly.
"Why didn't you just time travel back?" Vanya asks. Five scoffs dryly.
"Whoooo. Geez why didn't I think of that one?!" He toys sarcastically.
"Five tone the sarcasm down a bit yeah?" I try and reel him in. He practically ignores me and continues to Vanya.
"Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed." Five rambles. But he lowers his voice for the next part.
"You don't think I tried everything to get back to my family?"

And with that sentiment I need a drink. 'Cause fuck it. I used my telekinesis to lift a glass from Vanya's cupboards and pour myself a glass of scotch. Not the best drink. I'm more of a white wine person, the dryness of it reflects my sense of humour (jk jk 😂). Nonetheless scotch will do. The glass floats between Five and Vanya, making them back up their faces a bit and watch it pass by. It finally reaches my outstretched hand and I grabbed it, hastily taking a sip. I look up to see them both staring at me.
"What?! I needed a drink too!" I snapped back at them. I saw Five rolled his eyes at me as he turned back to Vanya.

"If you grew old there, you know, in the apocalypse, how come you still look like a kid?" Vanya questions gesturing to Five's small stature. Five scoffs once again, evidently annoyed.
"I told you already-" he marches over to the punter to get a refill.
"I must've gotten the equations wrong!" Vanya tries to simmer him down.
"I mean, dad always used to say that time travel could mess up your mind. Maybe that's what's happened?" Five gives up and slams his glass on the counter top.
"This was a mistake. You're too young. Too naive to understand!" Five proceeds to grab a rag off of the table that he brought in. I didn't notice that earlier. He swiftly brushes past Vanya and heads towards the door. Vanya pleads to him trying to get him to stop. He does.

"I haven't seen you in a long time and I don't wanna lose you again." Oh how sweet. Five turns back around to face her. He's got a somber look on his face.
"You know what it's getting late, and I have lessons early, and I need to sleep and I'm sure you do too. Why don't you guys just sleep here tonight?" Vanya proposes. I glance at Five, who's thinking about her offer.
"Well I can't drive home since I can't reach the pedals anymore! So sure, why not? Where are the blankets at?" I shrug and accept. Five runs the back of his neck awkwardly.
"Sorry again Y/N" he apologises.

Vanya nods and shuffles over to the sofa and starts laying out a bunch of blankets. I move so that she can do this and lean on the arm of an armchair. I fold my arms and wait for her to finish. She looks up at Five.
"We'll talk more tomorrow. I promise. Night." Vanya exits to her bedroom.
"Night." Five and I say in unison. Five places himself at the end of the sofa and I do the same at the opposite end. I quickly grab one of the warmer blankets and wrap myself up in it. It's cold in here. I look at Five. He's sitting forward, examining something in his hand from the brown rag he had earlier.
"What you got there?" I inquire, scooching a little bit closer to him. He tensed slightly and puts the item back in his blazer pocket. I scowl, annoyed at him.

I focus my mind. Images start flooding in. Words, pictures, feelings. "Gotta find out who this belongs to."
"Gotta find out who what belongs to?" I blurt. He looks back at me shocked.
"Did you just read my mind?!" He asks idiotically.
"Of course I did now wha-" "That's an invasion of privacy can you not please?!" He snaps back at me. This made my blood boil.
"I had no choice! You're the one keeping secrets!" I pass the blame to him. He opens his mouth to speak but doesn't say anything. He sighs sadly.
"I'm sorry Y/N. I don't wanna involve you in this messed up shit. Just go to sleep." He manages to flash a small smile at me. I smile slightly back, but only for a second; I'm still annoyed.

"You know you can tell me anything right? Whatever it is I'll help you. We'll deal with it together." I try to convince him to tell me. He looks down to avoid my gaze.
"Goodnight Y/N." He says bluntly and turns away to sleep. I do the same, closing my eyes and waiting for the comforting arms of sleep to hold me.

Did you enjoy? Hope you did aha. Leave a comment if you think I can improve on something 👌. Exams are coming up in January but I'll try and continue writing. Pls get back to me on the Seven Deadly Sins thing aswell cause I rlly wanna post that if you guys would like to read it. It's been a pleasure writing for you. C ya next time ~ Luna 🖤