Part 2~ The Storm

November 26th 2010

November 26th 2010.

Dear diary,

So our trip begins. I am excited to spend this vacation with JUMP, but somehow my heart is not at ease. Since the day this decision was made I keep having weird dreams every night- the kind of dream I never want to remember. I can only pray that my dreams will remain as dreams- please God grant my only wish. Please let us stay safe till the end.

Chinen Yuri.

"What are you doing Chii?" Yamada approaches the younger boy who is sitting in the cabin by himself. "Why don't you join us outside? The sea view from the boat is really awesome! I took some pictures too. Here," he shows his digital camera to Chinen who is trying to hide his yellow notebook.

Not wanting to disappoint one of his closest friend, Chinen reluctantly browse through the pictures. His eyes are fixed on the camera, but he doesn't really see them all. What playing in front of him now is the horrifying nightmare that has been haunting him for weeks now.

"Aren't the scenery look awesome?" Yamada cheerfully asks.

"Em."

"Did you see the seagulls?"

"Em."

"The panda looks cute swimming along the boat right?"

"Em."

Yamada grabs the camera from Chinen's hand, making the younger boy startle a little.

"I haven't finished yet Yama-chan. Come, let me see more."

Yamada ignores Chinen's plead. He put his camera back in the casing and places it in his sling bag. "You weren't looking at the first place. There's no way you can see a panda in the middle of the ocean."

Chinen shifts his sight to the floor. Yamada is right, he wasn't paying much attention to the photos. He was preoccupied with something else.

"What's wrong Chii? You're behaving very weirdly these few days. "

Chinen bites his lower lips. "I'm scared Yama-chan."

"Your dreams?"

Chinen nods. "Ne Yama-chan, let's tell Yabu-kun to go back. We can camp at the backyard of our house. At least we'll be safe there. Yama-chan!" he shakes the older boy's shoulder a few times.

Yamada gently grabs Chinen's hand from his shoulder and put them together between his very own hands. "Daijyobu, we'll be fine. It's just a dream Chii. Stop thinking too much about it ok?"

"But-"

"No but- Don't worry. No matter how terrible things might turn out, as long as the ten of us are together we will be all right."