Jared

Norman's pov

I felt kayla freeze in my arms as we watched for my sons reaction. He just starred at us with wide eyes until a smile broke out on his face.

"It's about time!" He cheered.

I felt kayla relax as she started to chuckle. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding as we all laughed at his reaction.

"So you're really ok with it?" I asked.

"Don't got much of a choice do I now dad?" He smirked.

Kayla chuckled and said,"nope ya sure don't!"

"This is gonna be awesome! Do you know what yer having! When are you due?!" Mingus asked excitedly.

It made me smile wider as i saw the glint in his eyes. He was seriously so excited and to know he was fine with me marrying kayla made it better.

"Not till may. We find out next month what we're having" she smiled.

"I hope it's a boy!" He cheered.

"Oh no, I couldn't deal with 3 reedus boys" she chuckled.

"We'd take over the world!" Mingus laughed.

"Oh yeah and if it's a girl?" She asked.

Mingus was quiet for a minute and then smirked,"then she's not dating till she's 25"

Kayla bursted out crying and I high fived him,"agreed"

About an hour later we went back to the house to watch a movie. I got up about half way through and said,

"Gotta meet Andy to go over some lines, ya mind watchin Ming?"

She smiled and said,"not at all"

"Thanks, oh and by the way yer comin ta set tomorrow. Robert wanted to shoot one more scene with ya" I said.

Her eyes widened,"he didn't tell me? I don't have any lines memorized.

I grabbed a packet from my bag,"it's right ere"

She nodded and thanked me as I bent down and kissed her softly on the lips,

"Love ya"

"Love you too" she smiled.

"Love you more!" Mingus taunted.

I smirked and ruffled his hair causing him to grunt. I left and met up with Andy at Jared's jewelry store. The owners agreed to let us in after closing so we wouldn't be noticed. We walked inside. Immediately my eyes wandered around the room at all the glass cases and were approached by a sales rep named Tom,

"So what can I do ya for today?"

Andy put an arm around my shoulders,"my friend here wants ta pop the big question"

I smirked and got out of his grasp and blushed,"ummm ya, but I didn't realize there were so many different types. How the hell am I supposed ta know what to get her?"

Tom smirked,"well how about ya take a look around and the first one that pops out at you, you buy?"

"I want er to like it" I said.

"You know her probably better than anyone, trust your judgement" he smiled.

I nodded and Andy and I started looking around the cases. Some were bug and flashy and others not so much. None of them screamed kayla to me though. I was just about to give up when something caught my eye. It was beautiful and perfect. Not too flashy, but just perfect for her. I started imagining it on Kayla's finger. Would she like it? Wait...what of she says no? Andy's eyes followed mine and smirked probably noticing my inward fighting.

"He'll take that one" he smirked.

I was brought out of my trance and I looked at Andy who just nodded at me. I hesitated but nodded back as Tom got it ready for me. Once it was ready Andy and I walked out. Suddenly nerves overtook me as Andy asked,

"So how ya gonna do it?"

"I had rob write out a script for er. She thinks she gets to play as Lilly one more time. She gonna be runnin in the woods to find daryl but when she gets to me I'm gonna be on one knee" I said.

"That's pretty good" he said.

"Thanks" I said still worried.

"Hey ya got nothin to worry about, she's gonna say yes" he reassured.

"How ya know?" I asked.

"Cause ya went to Jared" he said in all seriousness.

I looked up at him and we both just bursted out laughing. Once our laughter died down he said,

"Nah man In all seriousness. Ya got nothin to worry about "

I hesitantly nodded,"thanks man"

When I got back to the apartment, it was late. Mingus was asleep on the couch curled up against Kayla's chest who was also asleep. I smiled scooped Mingus up without waking him up and put him in his bed. Then I went and did the same thing to kayla. I got spchnaged into my pjs and lay in bed next to her wrapping my arm around her. My heart was pounding and I knew I wasn't gonna get any sleep tonight. Damn if I'm like this now. How the hell am I gonna do this tomorrow?