. 1 0 .

"I'll get it!" Midoriya yelled as the doorbell rang. He sprinted past his mother in the kitchen, who was also moving towards the door. Opening it, he smiled at the trio. "Hey guys! Come in."

They greeted him as well and walked into the living room where Inko was waiting for them. "You must be Izuku's friends! It's very nice to meet you. Fenton, Manson and Foley, right?"

"It's nice to meet you too," Danny smiled at her as he gave her a little bow. "And please, it's Danny."

"Sam."

"Tucker."

"I need to go shopping for a bit," Inko said mostly to Midoriya. "You four will be fine on your own, I presume."

"Mom, we'll be fine," he quickly interrupted her. "You go do some nice things, we'll be here when you get back. I'll leave a note when we're going anywhere else and I'll have my phone on me."

She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and disappeared out of the house.

"Your mother is very nice and caring," Sam noted as she sat down on the couch. "Must be nice to have someone like that to come home to."

"It is," Midoriya sighed. "You three are all alone in that apartment."

"We're getting by," Tucker said. "I mean, it's not like we're dying out of social isolation or anything like that. We've kind of been a trio for years. We're used to it."

"Enough depressing talk!" Danny piped up. "Let's do what we're here for."

"Hold on! I need to write this down!" Midoriya exclaimed as he went rummaging through a drawer. "I never got to see anyone in action during the rest of the exercise, but you can fill me in!" He proudly showed a notebook with No. 13 written on it. It was burned and had been wet, but Midoriya was still very careful with it. "I don't even know what your Quirks are! In the Quirk Assessment Test, I was so focused on making the final cut that I didn't exactly pay very good attention."

"Don't worry about it," Tucker waved him off. He started moving in his seat as he saw how Midoriya got his pencil ready on a new page. "Can I go first?" he asked his friends, getting kind of giddy.

"Please," Sam gestured at him. "Just show it."

Tucker beamed and took a small marble out of his pocket. He showed it to Midoriya, who seemed completely enchanted by the silver ball. Tucker's hand moved downwards, but the ball stayed in the same place. "That thing is made of a special composition of metal materials. I have dozens of them in the apartment."

"You can control metal? That's so cool," Midoriya marveled as he started scribbling. "So, you need that exact composition of metals or can you control any kind? And how much weight can you lift? How far away can you control it?"

"Calm down dude, we have all afternoon," Tucker laughed. "You know, I'm not exactly sure how far and how much, and I'm not exactly sure if it's metal manipulation or magnetism or something. We haven't, exactly...tested that yet. Where we came from, in the town, it was kind of forbidden to use your Quirk. We trained since the start of the year, but I had barely ever used it. I have three weeks experience with it."

"Only three weeks?"

"Yep. And he's already able to lift 100 marbles and someone with them," Sam filled him in. "He lifted Yaoyorozu during training. Kaminari had electrocuted her and she was out. He moved her to safety."

Midoriya nodded intensely. "And what about you?"

Sam smiled and put her hand forward. Out of her palm, a small flower bloomed up. "I'm not as sure of the name or uses as Tucker is, but something with plants and flowers. I, too, have three weeks experience, so I'm a little green as well."

"She made a mist that went through the whole exercise building that was so thick we couldn't even see what was happening," Tucker added, ignoring the pun. "What kind of flower produces that kind of mist?"

"They were the pollen," Sam explained. "I made a lot and the atmosphere and AC did the rest."

"That's so cool."

"Nah, you should see him," Sam said, pointing at Danny, who started blushing. "Honestly, you've seen nothing yet. He's a real talent. He got special training so he's been using his power since he was a whole lot smaller, if that's even possible."

"I'm not short," he huffed as he crossed his arms. He avoided sticking out his tongue as he said, "I'm taller than you are."

"I'm taller in the costume."

"Yeah, but you have heels."

"We're trailing off," Tucker 'yelled' from the couch. "We're not here to talk about who's taller or has a better costume —which, by the way, is clearly me— but about Quirks. Danny, you're avoiding it."

"Am not."

"Then what's it called?"

"It's called—" Danny glared at Tucker— "Energy."

"So what kind of Quirk is it?" Midoriya asked, oblivious to the confused stares of the other two as he jotted the name down. "Obviously not mutant, since you don't look different —no offense. So it's either transformation or emitter. Do you, like, change when you use your Quirk or do you shoot things?"

Danny frowned. "There's different kinds? Are they, like, what, categorized?"

"Yes! I can't believe I get to tell someone this since it's usually taught in school." Midoriya fidgeted with his pencil as he remembered his very first notebook. "There's three kinds of known Quirks. One is mutant, which is what Hagakure, Tsu, and Ojiro have. Invisibility, frog-like features and a tail. It's a physical thing that you can't turn off. Transformation is kind of self explanatory. You change. Like Lady Mountain does when she turns into a giant. The last one, emitters, are when you shoot projectiles from you body. Todoroki with his ice and Bakugou with the explosions, for example."

"You're really all-knowing on Quirks, aren't you?" Danny said as Sam and Tucker shared a worried look.

"It's kind of a hobby..."

"More than a hobby. Don't get me wrong, we're also all-knowing on some things. There's a game that Sam knows inside-out, cheat codes, shortcuts and everything."

"What category would I be in?" Tucker suddenly said. "Not mutant, but my guess would be the last one. Emission? Emit— what?"

"Emitters," Midoriya filled him in. "Sam would be as well. She literally creates things out of nothing. But you don't create the objects and you don't bring anything into existence..."

"Question," Danny said as he mock-raised his hand. "Could you fall in multiple categories?"

"You'd have to have multiple Quirks, and that's...not possible." Midoriya started panicking a bit. Had he revealed something by hesitating? Did they know? God he hoped they didn't realize it was possible—

"That's a shame," Danny huffed. He had already showed off his mist —which was basically him cooling down the air around him— and now he couldn't do anything else. He was stuck with that or had to come up with something else.

Great.

"Dude, do the thing that makes green shit."

"Tucker, we can't scare him like that," Sam said, drowning in disapproval. "But you said said you would, so you're taking responsibility," she muttered as she pointed at Danny with a stern look on her face.

Midoriya seemed confused. "What, is he going to turn into something really gross or something?"

"No," Sam immediately said before Danny could start thinking negatively about his Quirk. "It's completely not gross and not disgusting or anything like that. He's very hesitant because people didn't like it where we come from. But I'm sure you'll like it."

Danny gave her a small smile and turned to look at Midoriya. He gave a smirk that Midoriya found a bit unsettling, but he watched intensely as Danny raised his hand and a blue-green swirl of energy played in his palm. "Energy comes in many forms. The mist is one of them. Pure energy is also an application."

Sam gave an approving and knowing smirk as Midoriya started asking questions and Danny answered them as best as he could.

That was one less problem.