. 4 2 .

It wasn't long before Sam figured out that there was more to Midnight than just the nearly too skin-tight suit and sadistic tendencies she tended to show. She knew how to help Sam with the distribution of the pollen to create a veil or even a whole cloud of polled to create a mine-field in which her opponent couldn't even see where they were standing. Sam appreciated the effort Midnight put into teaching her everything she knew in as little time as possible while still keeping a pace Sam could keep up with.

Tucker was having a field-day with Cementoss giving him pointers and tips on how to increase range and gain more control over his marbles. Within a small 15 minutes, he was making tornadoes out of the metal orbs, making stairs for himself, and trying to distract Sam with making figures right in her field of vision. He grinned as she made a small Venus Flytrap snap at his feet from below.

"I believe a match would be in order since you seem so excited to fight each other," Midnight laughed as they started exchanging small attacks with each other, each one growing a little more powerful.

Within a few minutes, they were standing face-to-face over the length of the field, Midnight on the side and Cementoss have gone to teach another class. "Sparring time!" Midnight exclaimed.

"Last time we tried to do this was when Danny was being cocky and we didn't even get the chance to spar," Tucker laughed as Sam cracked her knuckles. "Did he teach you anything or was he just being a pain in the a-"

"He actually helped me with some things, thank you very much," she swiftly interrupted him with a smirk.

Tucker wiggled his eyebrows. "But what things?"

"Are you two ready?!" Midnight exclaimed excitedly as she held up one arm as if she were holding a flag. "Usual rules, etcetera, begin!"

Tucker shot forward, running over a bridge of marbles as Sam made vines erupt from the ground and start shooting towards him. Tucker deflected the attacks by cutting the vines, and skidded to a halt at the end of the bridge, looming over Sam. Using both hands, he made the marbles he had left shoot towards her.

Sam used a lily pad to re-route the attack to the side, making Midnight yelp and duck to avoid getting hit. "Sorry!" she yelled, before making a vine that lifted her to be on the same height as Tucker stood, hands on his knees and marbles shaking out of exhaustion. "What did we say about scaling attacks, Tucker?"

"Don't start with the biggest one ya got and save some energy for later," he panted. "And I listened," he grinned. The bridge disappeared beneath his feet, and he fell before grabbing a hold of Sam's vine. He blinked up at her and smirked at seeing her wide eyes. Holding out one arm, the marbles came back from where they were on the floor and started moving towards the vine, just above where Tucker was hanging.

Sam was quick enough to see what he was planning and made a second lily pad, on which she jumped just as the vine came crashing down on the field. Sam stood up on her makeshift plateau and shot a challenging look at Tucker as he climbed upon the top of her old vine.

"Quick thinking," he complimented her, marbles hanging behind him menacingly.

"Good attack," she replied, pollen forming around the base of her lily pad.

Midnight let out a sigh.

Kids.